Overpopulated parks?

You might consider asking the park or whatever city department oversees the park (Parks and Recreation?) to give you a letter/permit that explains what you're doing and which species you're allowed to take.

I mean I'll admit that if I saw someone who was not identifiable as a park/city worker "stealing" ducks from my park, I'd try to free the ducks and call the cops on them too.

I've asked for one. :)

Hey there. I do apologize for not posting for so long! Things have pretty much exploded and I love it. :) We have rescued so many ducks. Many have injuries. A few of them are just old and hobble. Most of them get new homes. The injured are retirees here who are welcome to live out their days being lazy and safe. I've auctioned off ALL of my hatchery birds from last year. It got up to 300 at one point.. We are now looking at a 25 acre farm on the Alabama/Florida State line. I am about to quit my job with Radisson and do this full time. Some things are happening and I can't say everything that's happening because it involves a close friend's personal life but just know we are adopting all KINDS of animals over here lol. We have a hamster who was deemed evil and piggies from drug addicts and the list goes on! We did purchase some goats as well.... And show Phoenix. There are tons of breeder pens going up. We have bunnies who are expecting and possibly a pig. 💜 Last year this time I had NO experience AT ALL. I surprised my hubby the Friday before Easter with 6 TSC chicks. Now I'm meeting people on a nearly daily basis and adopting animals. We have huge plans to make this a real refuge... It's all in the works... but I will post updates as much as possible! I attached a few pictures. Sorry im horrible about stopping to take them! I do appreciate all of your support.

Such a wonderful thing you are doing helping those ducks :)
Our local park has an issue with people dumping ducks and geese as well. We just have a small setup for our ducks so we can't rescue but I do stop by when we are in the area to feed everyone. There is a nice pond for them there but it's still sad to see.View attachment 1978105
That brought tears to my eyes. So sad 😞

That brought tears to my eyes. So sad 😞
@Runner duck mom, is that little runner still there? Oh this park is heartbreaking when you go and sit by the lake and they all gather around you. Some of the geese have terrible angel wing! I tried to catch that little runner last summer but I couldn't get near it.
IMG_0955.JPG

Last edited:
@Runner duck mom, is that little runner still there? Oh this park is heartbreaking when you go and sit by the lake and they all gather around you. Some of the geese have terrible angel wing! I tried to catch that little runner last summer but I couldn't get near it.
View attachment 2038372
It's been about 3 or 4 weeks since we last went to visit them but he was still there last time we went to visit. He's a bit more skittish than the rest of the ducks.
That one goose does make me terribly sad :(
We will have to stop by again this week and check on everyone...and bring snacks of course.

Back
Top Bottom