Owning Chickens in Vienna Township, MI (Genesee County)

I'm in Vienna Township, and am glad I found this site, particularly this thread! We are working on a greenhouse made of recycled materials, raised bed gardens, and soon chicken coop... or so I had hoped. Thought I'd check online to see if anything regarding the keeping of chickens in my area had been discussed or posted. Looking for a few ideas for a tractor now. Looks like I might find some great stuff on this forum!
big_smile.png

Quote:
I have the $500 ticket in my hand and am waiting for a court date. The Michigan RTFA is not a guarentee that you can raise chickens anywhere you want to. I have 5 acres and got permission in 2002 to get my birds now they are fining me. The township might defer to the county on the laws pertaining to this. Check with the county.

Quote:
I have the $500 ticket in my hand and am waiting for a court date. The Michigan RTFA is not a guarentee that you can raise chickens anywhere you want to. I have 5 acres and got permission in 2002 to get my birds now they are fining me. The township might defer to the county on the laws pertaining to this. Check with the county.

I think you should check the Michigan Right to Farm thread.

Yes I thought the Michigan Right to Farm act was pretty clear?? Even if cities and twps try to ignore it. Sad.

I think that the right to farm act is clear. My county officials think it does not pertain to them. Pre-trial and formal hearing dates now set. Can't wait to get the judge's reaction when he finds out the can of worms about to explode in his court room.

I'm in Vienna Township, and am glad I found this site, particularly this thread! We are working on a greenhouse made of recycled materials, raised bed gardens, and soon chicken coop... or so I had hoped. Thought I'd check online to see if anything regarding the keeping of chickens in my area had been discussed or posted. Looking for a few ideas for a tractor now. Looks like I might find some great stuff on this forum!
big_smile.png
I found this for Clio. We are in Vienna township but Clio is about 200 yards from our coop :) http://www.clio.govoffice.com/vertical/sites/{7D095F7E-8BBA-4ED8-BB46-A0DE61A15077}/uploads/Clio10.pdf

This is where I looked for Vianna township. http://www.viennatwp.com/ Nothing specific but does say no noise that is intrusive so a roo may piss off some people.
I just had a complaint from my neighbors. I had to double check to make sure I knew what I was talking about if someone comes out to inspect.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom