Oxine in Waterer - Ducks

DuckDaddy29

In the Brooder
Sep 9, 2019
New Jersey
Good Day-

Is it okay to put Oxine in my ducks water? I have read that Oxine helps break down the slime build up in their waterer container. If its okay to put Oxine in their waterer, how much per gallon should i use?

Thank you in advance.

Your oxine container should have mixing directions with recommended amounts for various purposes.
Do you also have the citric acid activator?
It can be used for drinking water systems but I only use it for disinfecting incubators.

Your oxine container should have mixing directions with recommended amounts for various purposes.
Do you also have the citric acid activator?
It can be used for drinking water systems but I only use it for disinfecting incubators.

The Oxine was purchased online and will be delivered today. I do not have the Citric Acid Activator. So you dont put anything in their drinking water, you only use the stuff to clean their drinking container out and thats all??

I have not used oxine in their water conatiners yet. I only use it (with the activator) to fumigate the incubators. I have a couple automatic water systems running from 55 gallon barrels and I may use oxine in them at some point.
When I first started using oxine in fumigation the precautions for breathing were pretty scary so I called the company I bought it from and learned the respirators I had on hand would be sufficient.
Activated oxine can also be used for disinfecting eggs and fumigating coops and barns.
For water founts I occasionally bleach them, use hydrogen peroxide and sometimes use ACV in the water that tends to keep the slime down.
What size water systems are you using in gallons?

I put a TBS of ACV per gallon of water. It helps keep the waterers clean.

Just to confirm, you put a tablespoon of Apple Vinegar Cider per gallon? Is apple cider vinegar better to use or you don't think it'll matter? Also, do you think itll be safe to use a tablespoon of Oxine per gallon of water??

Good Day-

Is it okay to put Oxine in my ducks water? I have read that Oxine helps break down the slime build up in their waterer container. If its okay to put Oxine in their waterer, how much per gallon should i use?

Thank you in advance.
One eight of a teaspoon full per gallon of water seems to be what the commercial users use.

I did see that on their website, but i wanted to see if other people used Oxine in their ducks waterers and how it worked out.
It's just in a post above you mention thinking about using one tablespoonfull per gallon.
May I ask why you feel you need to use Oxine or even ACV?

I understand what i said but i want opinions and i want people who have experience with using Oxine to comment, that's why i created this forum. I want to use Oxine or whatever to keep the water jug clean and no slimy, they also might have or be getting respiratory Infection. I have heard of people using it for ducks, but not sure of full details.

Back
Top Bottom