Oxytetracycline and baycox?

Can Oxytetracycline (injectable) and baycox (orally) given together? Are there interactions between the two?
Thank you!

Hi ...
I won't give any medicine which is Intramuscular together at a time soon u can like about 7-8 hours but ..

There's no combination of oxy with
baycox also not even with penicillin
because both passage is renal so effect on kidneys will be hard

I would ask once @casportpony what she will suggest

But in my view u do the course which is more serious at now then start the second one

If u using baycox for cocci then go with it first and when situation is under control u can start oxytetracycline ..hope this help

Hi ...
I won't give any medicine which is Intramuscular together at a time soon u can like about 7-8 hours but ..

There's no combination of oxy with
baycox also not even with penicillin
because both passage is renal so effect on kidneys will be hard

I would ask once @casportpony what she will suggest

But in my view u do the course which is more serious at now then start the second one

If u using baycox for cocci then go with it first and when situation is under control u can start oxytetracycline ..hope this help
Thank you! I will relay the message :)

While there may be no interactions between the two, by giving them both, there is a higher chance of giving them too high a dosage. Too high of a dosage of antibiotics can be very counterproductive.

While there may be no interactions between the two, by giving them both, there is a higher chance of giving them too high a dosage. Too high of a dosage of antibiotics can be very counterproductive.
Oxytetracyline is an antibiotic, Baycox (toltrazuril) is a coccidiostat, so I am not sure I understand what you mean. :idunno

Disclaimer - I am not a vet
Are there interactions between the two?
I just looked in Plumb's veterinary drug handbook and it says there are no interactions between the two.
Toltrazuril (Baycox)
toltrazuril interactions_1.png

Oxytetracycline drug interactions
DSCN2851 (Large).JPG

Can Oxytetracycline (injectable) and baycox (orally) given together?
While I have not given Baycox with oxytetracycline yet, I have used it with Baytril, Metronidazole, and sulfamethoxazole. If I ever come across something that needs both oxytetracycline, I will give both at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom