Oxytetracycline and baycox?

While there may be no interactions between the two, by giving them both, there is a higher chance of giving them too high a dosage. Too high of a dosage of antibiotics can be very counterproductive.
Oxytetracyline is an antibiotic, Baycox (toltrazuril) is a coccidiostat, so I am not sure I understand what you mean. :idunno

Yes, my friend is treating her beloved hen for a corid resistant strain of coccidia. Evil things! She is also using penicillin now for a "maybe" infection. She did have a vet confirm this yesterday. The hen is barely eating and is pale. She is giving Poultry cell for the paleness, in case the hen is anemic, is giving probiotics, and electrolytes as well. We're just not sure if a good b complex can be given while on toltrazuril. I am trying to find research specifically about that, but am not seeing anything. I know that b vitamins (thiamine) shouldn't be given when birds are being treated for coccidiosis with Corid.

While we love to research, and knew plenty of this, it's always awesome to have the awesome peeps at the byc forum confirm! I just wasn't sure, even with toltrazuril being a coccidiocide, if b complex was ok to give. Thank you all so much! Her hen just ate 12 mealworms and breathing seems better also. She is doing all the dosing of meds in increments. Waits hours in between before giving something. I did recommend giving the b complex injectable as injection and not orally, simply because it works well for my chickies when ill. She does give penicillin orally I believe, on bread, baycox orally as well.

Can Oxytetracycline (injectable) and baycox (orally) given together? Are there interactions between the two?
Thank you!

Hi ...
I won't give any medicine which is Intramuscular together at a time soon u can like about 7-8 hours but ..

There's no combination of oxy with
baycox also not even with penicillin
because both passage is renal so effect on kidneys will be hard

I would ask once @casportpony what she will suggest

But in my view u do the course which is more serious at now then start the second one

If u using baycox for cocci then go with it first and when situation is under control u can start oxytetracycline ..hope this help

Hi ...
I won't give any medicine which is Intramuscular together at a time soon u can like about 7-8 hours but ..

There's no combination of oxy with
baycox also not even with penicillin
because both passage is renal so effect on kidneys will be hard

I would ask once @casportpony what she will suggest

But in my view u do the course which is more serious at now then start the second one

If u using baycox for cocci then go with it first and when situation is under control u can start oxytetracycline ..hope this help
Thank you! I will relay the message :)

Disclaimer - I am not a vet
Are there interactions between the two?
I just looked in Plumb's veterinary drug handbook and it says there are no interactions between the two.
Toltrazuril (Baycox)
toltrazuril interactions_1.png

Oxytetracycline drug interactions
DSCN2851 (Large).JPG

Can Oxytetracycline (injectable) and baycox (orally) given together?
While I have not given Baycox with oxytetracycline yet, I have used it with Baytril, Metronidazole, and sulfamethoxazole. If I ever come across something that needs both oxytetracycline, I will give both at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom