oyster shell $2 for a 5lbs bag at wal mart

wifezilla, ouch! ours is .20/lb at my co-op, however the co-op in the town i live in now tho sells it prepackaged Just like TSC and it is like $7/5lbs, so i d say walmarts is a good deal. i dont buy anything at this towns co-op after seeing that and grit for so dang much! i think i got 50lbs of grit for like $6 at My co-op, i think... dh didnt think it was as funny as i did tho. i didnt want to make the guys break a bag of rocks. lol

I buy both grit and oyster shell in a 50lb bag for less than $10. I bought them at a feed supply store in Portland, Or (it is only 5 minutes for where I work,
big_smile.png
). At the rate they are going through it, this is going to last me many years. I have 17 hens and I have only gone through a couple of cups of each so far.

Our Walmarts do NOT sell anything chicken related. Don't sell horse related stuff either. Kinda weird as we are in the country with lots of farms around. Though I guess with the family owned farm stores, TSC, and Southern States, it wouldn't benefit them to start selling farm related feeds. I dunno.

Quote:
You should contact me if you want to split the bags
big_smile.png
I am just over the line in WA from Portland. I still need to get more than just the layer pellets for my hens but have not been in Wilco recently and Coastal is a drive to Gresham for me.... doable but takes planning.

Quote:
Same way here. Their cat and dog choices stink too I think. We are almost an hour away from the closest PetsMart or Petco, so I hate the fact that no one carries anything really good. Rural King is not bad; Bucheitz is pretty good; but I like a LOT of choices. I live in a farming community, lots of horses, goats, sheep and cows, so you would think that our local Wal-Mart would have a section on this. I might want to suggest it!!! Then, unfortunately, it would really be one stop shopping.

we get a 50# bag for 8.75 . our layer is 10.50 a 50# bag the grit is 10.00 a bag. we have gone through 3 50# bags in 2 years. ours love it now the chick grit they dont eat

Quote:
LOL i get all my chickens supplies at Wal-Mart LOL haha

Your walmart sells chicken supplies????? I dont even give it to my chickens and have never had a problem with their eggs. As a mater of fact I read on here that they need it I ran out and got it and it is still in my truck of my car.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom