Oyster Shells

I'm in the process of hauling out all the old smelly sand from the run that's been in there for six years, and I want to replace it with something easy to clean and that's not dusty. The sand has worked very well as a heat sink in winter, absorbing the daytime sun and holding it overnight. But it's so darned dusty.

Any ideas? I have it down to clay and rock soil, am going to spray Dust Locker on it, then haul in new sand, but I'm afraid it will get ground up to dust, too. Any thoughts?

I'm in the process of hauling out all the old smelly sand from the run that's been in there for six years, and I want to replace it with something easy to clean and that's not dusty. The sand has worked very well as a heat sink in winter, absorbing the daytime sun and holding it overnight. But it's so darned dusty.

Any ideas? I have it down to clay and rock soil, am going to spray Dust Locker on it, then haul in new sand, but I'm afraid it will get ground up to dust, too. Any thoughts?
I'm facing the same dilemma...my run is "kitty litter" actually. We really don't have dirt here in the high desert of Central Oregon...weird. Anyway, it's so dusty and am looking for a solution, too. I hope someone comes along with some good ideas!

Back
Top Bottom