PA UNITE - egg set 2/8-2/10/13 HATCH-A-LONG

That's great!
big_smile.png
Will do a more thorough candling Sunday (Day 9ish for me) and toss anything that's definitely infertile...

Well, I candled today, because I couldn't resist a peek any longer!
lol.png
I only tossed 3 of my 25 buckeyes (wow 23 fertile and going strong! AWESOME!), and both my Faverolles and my Sussex look great. Now comes the bad news. Out of my 15 German NHR, I tossed 5 infertile and 2 quitters. I have eight left
sad.png
The rest of the embryos look a little weak and hopefully they can pull through!

First one I candled, wow I should have noticed this earlier
lol.png

This is what I like to see!!
love.gif
Bouncing embryos

Ok, so I left my eggs in the incubator...and I actually think I see growth on 2 of the eggs. I definitely now see veining. So, please cross fingers again for me, lol !!! I guess I will find out next Sunday for sure either way.

Last edited:
Ok, so I left my eggs in the incubator...and I actually think I see growth on 2 of the eggs. I definitely now see veining. So, please cross fingers again for me, lol !!! I guess I will find out next Sunday for sure either way.

Wow! This is great news!

My youngest noticed a smell from the bator, we will candle tonight and give everyone a sniff to see what's what. I will not be home for the hatch and am entrusting my 14 year old to run the show.

I treated my birds last week with Frontline and Permethrin, anyone familiar with withdrawal periods on these? Second treatment is tomorrow and I am switching to Sevin which supposedly has no withdrawal?

42 eggs left in the bator, 15 of which I do not think are developing. Boo. My temp is running a little bit low, but these Genesis are a pain to adjust the temperature on.

Back
Top Bottom