Pacific Northwest Poultry Association double show, Salem, OR Oct 13-14, 2012

I need everyone to send prayers/positive thoughts my way for tomorrow. Today is my 'Sunday' and the new work schedule came out today so I won't be able to check it until tomorrow. Everyone just hope and pray that I got the weekend off! I will be very upset/miserable if I have to work and I might just have to pull the sick card.
fl.gif

I'm "sick" tonight so I can finish getting stuff ready...though I didn't actually call in "sick"...just found people to cover my shift & said I wasn't coming in! LOL

Last edited:
I put in the request a month ago and my manager said they should be able to shuffle the schedule around enough. I talked to the main manager and she said the same thing so if I find my name on the schedule for this weekend, I might have a melt down, lol. I will tell them they have to pay my hotel and entry fees since I booked them already. Weekends in the fall are slow for us anyway. Tonight we'll be washing birds. I figure since we'll only be there 1 night I am only taking 1 change of clothes, my laptop, and swim shorts for the pool. What is the weather like down that way for the weekend? It is supposed to be raining this weekend here (finally) but I really want nice weather for the show.

We will be bringing lots and lots of extra money for the raffle and sale birds. Planning on looking for some faverolle ladies, a nice brown leghorn hen, maybe some bantam brown leghorns, and some other goodies

I put in the request a month ago and my manager said they should be able to shuffle the schedule around enough. I talked to the main manager and she said the same thing so if I find my name on the schedule for this weekend, I might have a melt down, lol. I will tell them they have to pay my hotel and entry fees since I booked them already. Weekends in the fall are slow for us anyway. Tonight we'll be washing birds. I figure since we'll only be there 1 night I am only taking 1 change of clothes, my laptop, and swim shorts for the pool. What is the weather like down that way for the weekend? It is supposed to be raining this weekend here (finally) but I really want nice weather for the show.

We will be bringing lots and lots of extra money for the raffle and sale birds. Planning on looking for some faverolle ladies, a nice brown leghorn hen, maybe some bantam brown leghorns, and some other goodies
Well, you're SOL I'm afraid...we're expecting a full weekend of rain here too....
sickbyc.gif

In fact, I'm washing jeans and sweatshirts to pack right now...

What do you do for work?

Last edited:
I have a sale cage at the show reserved but I will be keeping many of them in cages in my car and rotating them out throughout the day with a list of what I have available on the cage. Let me know if u r interested in any of these so I make sure to bring them all.

5-7 week old buff silkies will all be BQ or SQ. Already very well crested and super fluffy.
Blue Jersey Giant cockeral about 3 months old and very flashy!
2 Gold Laced Brahmas (pending)
2 week old paint silkies, 1 PQ Black Silkie, 1 potentially SQ Blue silkie partially vaulted
1 Lav Orpington cockeral
1 Splash Jersey Giant (pending carolyn)
1 lav orpington pullet
1 splash silkie cockeral S/BQ
2-3 buff pullets with a small to large amount of smut
1 LF splash ameraucana pullet? 3 months old (possibly pending)

Originally Posted by flyingmonkeypoop

I put in the request a month ago and my manager said they should be able to shuffle the schedule around enough.
What do you do for work?

I know that it isn't the 'real' job ..... But on a side guess I'd go for

Plays guitar in a band!

did I win?

k/

I have a sale cage at the show reserved but I will be keeping many of them in cages in my car and rotating them out throughout the day with a list of what I have available on the cage. Let me know if u r interested in any of these so I make sure to bring them all.

5-7 week old buff silkies will all be BQ or SQ. Already very well crested and super fluffy.
Blue Jersey Giant cockeral about 3 months old and very flashy!
2 Gold Laced Brahmas (pending)
2 week old paint silkies, 1 PQ Black Silkie, 1 potentially SQ Blue silkie partially vaulted
1 Lav Orpington cockeral
1 Splash Jersey Giant (pending carolyn)
1 lav orpington pullet
1 splash silkie cockeral S/BQ
2-3 buff pullets with a small to large amount of smut
1 LF splash ameraucana pullet? 3 months old (possibly pending)
You can rotate things out of your car into the sale cages, but I believe that listing on your cage what you have in your car would be considered "selling out of your car" which is a big no-no....

I work retail I guess is the best description. I work at a local pet/pet supply/garden store. I work in the pet/fish room where I clean all day and sell animals. Fall is a slump in sales of everything but garden supplies. Normally by the end of the month we'll be selling Christmas puppies. Other than that, I tell people my real full time job is a poultry geneticist for our farm since I'm in charge of breeding here. Oh and I am a taxidermist in training.

After checking with some family members and showing them the email, we decided it was probably a scam. But, I never got the confimation email, so...

We just checked to see if the check was processed, and it was! So I'm going, and stupid scam!:lol:

Last edited:
I work retail I guess is the best description. I work at a local pet/pet supply/garden store. I work in the pet/fish room where I clean all day and sell animals. Fall is a slump in sales of everything but garden supplies. Normally by the end of the month we'll be selling Christmas puppies. Other than that, I tell people my real full time job is a poultry geneticist for our farm since I'm in charge of breeding here. Oh and I am a taxidermist in training.
So, Do you play guitar? ...... inquiring husbands want to know

ep.gif
bow.gif

Back
Top Bottom