Pacific Northwest Poultry Association double show, Salem, OR Oct 13-14, 2012

So, Do you play guitar? ...... inquiring husbands want to know

ep.gif
bow.gif

I have played guitar a couple times but not too great at it. I can play the Jew's Harp/Mouth Harp better.

You dream of being a taxidermist? I started because I used to do chicken pelts to use for crafts. That led me to a taxidermy forum and started getting me interested in other exotics and taxidermy. Last year I traded my knowledge of poultry genetics for a friends knowledge of taxidermy. I still have not done my first rooster yet, waiting for the right eyes to come up for sale, then I will finish. He is a d'anver x sebrite mix and I had to wait forever for him to be perfectly feathered. I do have loads and loads of pelts, chicken pelting is pretty easy

I work retail I guess is the best description. I work at a local pet/pet supply/garden store. I work in the pet/fish room where I clean all day and sell animals. Fall is a slump in sales of everything but garden supplies. Normally by the end of the month we'll be selling Christmas puppies. Other than that, I tell people my real full time job is a poultry geneticist for our farm since I'm in charge of breeding here. Oh and I am a taxidermist in training.
See nowthere's a man with a plan. If all else fails he will just stuff it !!!!

You can rotate things out of your car into the sale cages, but I believe that listing on your cage what you have in your car would be considered "selling out of your car" which is a big no-no....

Oh ok didn't realize they would be that uptight about it since I paid for a cage...... What if I make sure to put the bird in question from my to car to the sale for a few minutes before they take it?
hu.gif
Lol I don't want to break policy Lol just sayin.... Whats the difference really since I did pay for a cage?

I understand people selling out of their cars who r doing it so they don't have to rent a cage but I paid for a cage and all I am wanting to do is put a list of the other birds I will have for sale there on site so people will know. I am bringing a variety of breeds not just one.

I don't even mind paying for another cage I guess if I need to. Its just a few bucks, really.... If there are more available, but I didn't want to reserve multiple cages and have there not be enough for those that wanted them. I am also bringing a variety of birds which would not do well together when confined in a small cage for a longer period of time together. I just figured it would be easier and less stressful for the birds to be out in my quiet car than being crammed in a tiny cage in a crazy atmosphere.... and then if someone was looking for something in particular they could get in touch with me and I could bring it inside per request. It is supposed to rain and I would rather bring them inside for people to look at anyway out of the rain than to slosh out to my car and stand in the rain with a young bird while it and we catch pneumonia..... lol

If its a big deal for me to put a list on the cage of what I have there on site at the show then I just won't do it I guess.

Last edited:
Yeah, their point is that if someone wanted to sell that many birds, then they would buy enough cage space to cover what they want to sell, or buy a sale table space. Not fair to those who bought entire sale spaces to be able to sell as many birds as they want, if others buy just one cage and list everything they have available...

If you pre-sell birds, it is ok to deliver them at the show, however. :)

eta: I bought 2 cages, and when those birds sell, if I bring too many birds, then I will refill my cages with something else. I think that if other sellers complain about you rotating birds out too frequently to "advertise" what you have available, I'll have to ask you to leave the birds in their cages until they sell, then put something else in their place... :/

Last edited:
I saw some metal chickens somewhere but now I can't find the post! Can anyone tell me who sells them? Also, if I want to get five of them at the show on Saturday should I pre order because, aside from a Lavender Orpington, a Maran and another Wellsummer, I can't think of anything that my hot mess of a yard need more right now that a parade of metal chicks.

Back
Top Bottom