Pacific NW Poultry Association 2012 Spring NW National April 20-22nd

I hope we get there in time to coop in Friday night. I had this weekend marked "do not set eggs" but just got a shipment of Bad Azz Tolbunt Polish eggs. I can either set today (they've rested 24 hours) and HOPE they hatch a little early... or wait for Monday and risk them being a little less fertile. I want to be there when they hatch, not 400+ miles away. My mom stays here and can take care of a normal hatch but I would be stressed out of my mind I'm sure. So..... if I set now and they are hatching that Friday, it will be hard to leave home.

Decisions decisions......

Entries need to be postmarked by Monday.

Just found the thread today, but looking forward to the show!!!

We have three girls coming up for Youth Showmanship. It will be our first show other than our small county fair. So proud of them, I would have brought them just to look round!

Trying to figure out how to pack the van so we can get any extra birds home.

Has anyone seen hatching eggs at the show? They would be alot easier to bring home.

Yeah, sometimes there are hatching eggs, not too many, but Jean (pips&peeps) should have Ameraucana eggs, both large fowl and bantam, as well as Sebastopol eggs. I will have a VERY limited supply of Faverolles eggs with me, and the rest is just hit and miss. :)

Glad you guys are coming!!!! It's SUCH a fun show!!!!!!
wee.gif

One of our girls would like Faverolles, Salmon I think. She's really going looking for a SLP hen. She's tried for the last 2 years and none of the hatchery chicks made it.

I'm borrowing an incubator on Friday so I can play with it. Don't know why I'm bothering, everyone in my Swing Shift coop is ready to sit on anything left in the nest box. If it wasn't for the Sex-links I'ld let them.

I'm hoping to see Partridge Cantecluers, I need more birds like a hole in the head.

sad i missed this & the Monroe show. darn it! I'm in Olympia WA.

anymore coming up in my neck of the woods?

Agree with Jeanine (Cloverleaf), ya haven't missed it yet....You can always just drive down for a few hours on this Saturday....Stevenson isn't too far from Vancouver on the Washington side.( am thinking 1 1/2 hours drive for you???,) Nice Fairgrounds...This will be my first time with this show....not showing, just enjoying.
There will also be a show in the fall there as well as a Washington Feather Fancy show (smaller) ....possibly in Chehalis again....Think there are also shows east of the mountains but am not knowledgable about them....Also most fairs have a section especially the fall Puyallup, but not like the poultry shows. eliz

Back
Top Bottom