-Pack Foxes- A Role-play

Pics

Goldenrod1210

Songster
Jul 6, 2018
Minnesota, USA
Please Read First
A) By participating in this game, I promise that all BYC Rules will be followed and that I have read and understand the Role Play Rules that are in a sticky at the top of the Games forum.
B) I promise that all content is to be rated G and suitable for all ages.
C) I promise there will be no swearing or cursing, (including censoring by using symbols) or adult sexual activity in innuendo. This extends to mating, breeding, it innuendo in non human characters as well.
D) I promise to treat others with respect and kindness as in the BYC way.
E) I promise not to post any material that is a violation of copyright. Basically this means if you didn't create the content, (like an image/picture) and don't have permission from the content creator to post it, then don't.

This is a role play about foxes. (That probably sounds funny. Who wants to be in a role play about foxes on a chicken site?! Lol)

"My Lord Fox."
The young male's ears twitched in both anticipation and fear.
"Rustpaw. Good to see you."
The kingly fox turned around, his big amber eyes looking intently at the young warrior, "Whatever brought a little fox like you here. You should be back in your den with your mama, sucking your paw."
Rustpaw grew angry, "I'm six winters old! I can fight! I can take down a bear!"
The fox on his throne of tree bark and ivy chuckled.
"I can see that. Now, why are you here, Rustpaw Bear-slayer?"
The color drained from Rustpaw's face.
In barely a whisper, he said, "The wolves- they're coming...."

There is a race called Pack Foxes. They aren't loners, they fight together. They are intelligent, and stay hidden from the rest of the world.
There are Five Packs~
The Rusty Pack- The Rusty Pack is the crown of the Five. They have a most land, their terrain is the Forest.
The Silver Pack- The Silver Pack thrives in the Meadows. They are the peacekeepers. If two Packs bicker, they will often be able to keep them at peace.
The Dark Pack- Don't make the error that these foxes are evil! They are actually wise and mysterious. They reside in the Lagoon.
The Arctic Pack- These cute foxes are often thought to be harmless. Don't be mistaken- they are fierce fighters. They use their smaller size and agility to their advantage and blend in well with the snow of their mountains, where they live.
The Desert Pack- These little foxes are the smallest in size of the Pack Foxes, but their keen hearing and battling nature makes them good warriors. Together, they can take down whole armies of wolves! They live in the dry Deserts.
Prey:
Forest Region~
Spring:
Bird eggs, earthworms
Summer: Crickets, beetles, caterpillars, mice, fallen nestlings, rabbits occasionally.
Fall: Berries, apples, acorns, tubers, mice, squirrels.
Winter:
Mice, rabbits, other small animals.
Meadow Region~
Spring:
Earthworms, bird eggs, morel mushrooms
Summer: mice, birds, insects, berries, dandelion roots
Fall: berries, tubers, sunflower seeds, runner beans
Winter: Mice, rabbits, voles, rats
Lagoon Region~
Spring:
Tadpoles, frogs, fish eggs, scallfish (quick silvery fish), wild duck eggs
Summer: Small crabs, frogs, fish, insects, dragonfly nymphs
Fall: Frogs, toads, insects, roots, arrowheads, cattails
Winter: Wild ducks, geese, young moose
Mountain Region~
Spring:
Lemmings, voles, fish, larvae
Summer: Seaweeds, berries, muskrats, lemmings
Fall: Mice, berries, seaweed, fish
Winter: Hares, scavenged carcasses
Desert Region~
Spring:
Prickly pears, yucca, lizards
Summer: Yucca, pecans, insects, rodents, prickly pear
Fall: Choella, roots, desert huckleberries
Winter: Rodents

Here is a character example:
Name: Ashtail
Pack: Dark
Personality: Ignorant, shy, nervous
Mate: Open
Pups: None
Backstory: (Character backstory here)
(This is just an example, not a real character. My real characters will be below.)
Needed:
5 Lords (for each pack)
5 Ladies (for each pack)
3 Rooks (per pack) (Rooks can be male or female)
8 Hunters (per pack) (Again, can be male or female)
4 Wise Ones (per pack)
2 Healers (per pack)
Entertainers (1 for each pack)
Warriors (unlimited)
Vixens (unlimited) (Young female foxes who will one day be den mothers.)
Den mothers (unlimited) (Female foxes with families)
Pups (unlimited)

If there are any questions please ask. This is my first Role Play. :)

This looks good and I'll probably make a few characters soon! I do have a question about the differences in the ranks, like what do each do specifically, like do the Lords and Ladies run the Packs and just all the differences between all the ranks and their jobs

Rooks: Training in to be Warriors.
Hunters: Hunters forage and hunt for food, and during battle scout ahead as spies.
Wise Ones: The Wise are elderly foxes that have proven their wisdom through the years and give the Lord their skills and clever tactics they've used in battle. Also, if the Lord dies, the Head Wise One will take his place until his heir comes of age.
Healers: The Healers take in the sick and injured and heal their wounds with different medical plants and leaves. There are 2 for each pack, but if the injured are flowing into the den too fast a volunteer will sometimes help.
Entertainers: They entertain the Lord and Lady with their amusing feats and clever jokes. If the Lord (or Lady) is depressed, they will surely find a way to cheer them up.
Warriors: The Pack's defenders.
The Lords are peaceful leaders and always let the other foxes in on war plans, etc. before he does them. The foxes follow the Lords because of their noble and selfless nature.

Rooks: Training in to be Warriors.
Hunters: Hunters forage and hunt for food, and during battle scout ahead as spies.
Wise Ones: The Wise are elderly foxes that have proven their wisdom through the years and give the Lord their skills and clever tactics they've used in battle. Also, if the Lord dies, the Head Wise One will take his place until his heir comes of age.
Healers: The Healers take in the sick and injured and heal their wounds with different medical plants and leaves. There are 2 for each pack, but if the injured are flowing into the den too fast a volunteer will sometimes help.
Entertainers: They entertain the Lord and Lady with their amusing feats and clever jokes. If the Lord (or Lady) is depressed, they will surely find a way to cheer them up.
Warriors: The Pack's defenders.
The Lords are peaceful leaders and always let the other foxes in on war plans, etc. before he does them. The foxes follow the Lords because of their noble and selfless nature.

Awesome! Thanks for explaining to me, I'm gonna make my characters now :)

Name: Thornapple
Pack: Desert
Personality: He's stealthy and is often comes off as grumpy and prickly but he has a sharp mind that's quick to make plans that benefit him.
Pups: none
Backstory: He's never been good at fighting and he had to learn that the hard way, he's kind of a loner now and doesn't really care too much for his packmates but he's a good hunter so he's probably ignored for the most part.

Name: Thistlestrike
Personality: She's a wise fox who can be very sly, she knows how to talk to others to get what she wants and she has a strong air of nobility around her.
Pups: none
Backstory: She's a bit of a mystery but the pack knows not to mess with her as she will put them in her place, her story before becoming a lady is still weirdly unknown and there are probably made up stories and rumors about her somewhere.

Name: Asterflower
Pack: Silver
Personality: She's a kind and caring fox that is good at healing and even giving advice.
Backstory: She always had an affinity for helping and healing her pack and she's very skilled at it but she is known to over work herself as she has failed to save foxes in the past and she can't stand loosing patients.

Name: Chestnutwing
Pack: Rusty
Personality: He's a bit anxious and over thinks things most of the time but he's a sweetheart who tries his best.
Mate: None
Backstory: He doesn't have much of one yet, he's trying to find his place in the world as of now.

Name: Ivymoon
Pack: Arctic
Personality: She's extremely loyal and respectful, she's a power fox but not the most social.
Backstory: She's a Arctic fox through and through, she's still a bit young but is already one of the most respected Warriors due to her strength and battle experience, she's fought off many wolves and has a bit of a taste for battle. She has a deep hatred for wolves as she has lost family to their attacks.

(I named them all after plants that fit them ;p )

Name: Everest
Appearance: Bright white with very pale grey patches, he has brown eyes and is very fluffy(I am going to draw him and all of the other characters I make on here, I'll upload the pictures when I'm done)
Pack: Arctic
Personality: Snappy and sharp, nobody particularly likes him. He has a bad attitude and is very uncompassionate. He is a good hunter, but doesn't like the company of other foxes, so group hunting is a no-go for him, his bad attitude makes him a bit of an outcast in his own pack..
Mate: None(Tbh he'll probably never have one, he just seems like the kind of fox who'll be single forever)
Backstory: Born the largest of the litter, Everest was always dominant over his two litter-sisters. However when he was only three months old, his mother died from malnutrition (It had been a particularly difficult Winter for Arctic Pack) his two sisters succumbing to the same fate only weeks later. His father wanted nothing to do with him, so he became bitter and uncaring. He was a fighter though, and pulled through the difficult start. He's still bitter and cold.
Other Info:

Name: Pinetail
Appearance: Small, scruffy and lean. She had reddish-brown fur with an exceptionally bushy tail. She has very fluffy ears
Personality: She's a little grouchy with patients that squirm, whine, or grumble, however she's fiercely devoted to her role in the pack. She is a great healer, and knows what she's doing. When you are injured, there's no other fox you's want by your side.
Mate: None
Backstory: She was born and raised in Rusty pack, and always took a fascination in healing. She was overjoyed when she finally completed her training and became a full-fledged healer. She's known for her grouchiness, but really she is quite compassionate when it comes to healing. She is very untrusting of other packs.
Other Info: Her one and only litter-sister is Oakblossom

Name: Oakblossom
Appearance: Pretty, slender, mottled brown furred fox with blue eyes and white spots(resembling blossoms)
Personality: Sweet, kind and charming, Oakblossom is the kind of fox that is greatly admired and respected. HOWEVER! She is very stubborn and persistent, and won't stop until she gets her way.
Mate: Lord Pineleaf
Pups: Mapletail, Ashen
Backstory: Rusty Pack born and raised, she was more 'babied' by her mother, as she was the runt of the litter. This created a short lived rivalry between her and her sister, but they realized there was no point in the petty fighting, so it ended quite quickly. After that, her and her sister were very close for a while, until their different duties changed the way that they were living. I guess they just don't have time for each other anymore?
Other: Her sister is Pinetail

Oooof! I'll make more later, I'm literally so tired rn. Goodnight!

Last edited:
Name: Jadeheart
Rank hunter
Pack: rusty
Personality: kind, open, bright little fox with light feet and sharp eyes.
Description: small, slender, graceful pearl vixen with the greenest eyes a fox could have.
Very medium grey fur, not light silver.
Mate: could have one.
Pups: nah
Backstory: Lives the life one can have in a pack, with friends all around her. One could say she has a perfect life, but she yearns for adventure.

Name: Claw
Age 36 winters
Pack: Desert
Personality: generally kind and a good leader but when he is bored, probably not. Doesn't always deal with other packs in a diplomatic way.
Loves his mate.
Description: rough looking little fox with coarse grey brown fur and yellow eyes. (Cross fox)
Mate: Sandflower
Pups: yes please!

Last edited:
Name: Nightberry
Personality: mysterious and not particularly open to others. Quiet.
Description: silver with grey eyes
Mate: open
Backstory: who knows? She is not very open or anything.

Name: Rowantail
Pack: silver
Personality: open to other packs, a peacemaker. Loves to be helpful
Description:large silver fox with bay eyes
Mate: @Frost bite88

Asterflower plz
Pups (ahem, cubs): open
Backstory: Not much of one. Just running through the meadows happily.

Back
Top Bottom