Page 7 update.. I make at Walmart every day! chickens on top of cake!

Those cup cakes are tooo cute!! You really should show a step by step instruction. My son's b-day is coming up and it would be sooo fun to make chicken cakes for him and his friends!!
tongue.png

ok..if you look at the chickens, you take a cupcake, take the paper off and put it on a surface covered with a thin coating of green icing. (you can put them on paper plates, or any disposable plate!)
with a 22 decorating tip, pipe white icing on the body starting from the bottom and working your way up to the top. you have to squeeze the icing onto the cupcake so it will stay on.
then take the same 22 and squeeze in a circular motion on top a ball for the head. Don't forget the wings.. with the 22 also.. just touch the side of the body and squeeze pulling it to the side and make a little wing, and behind it you can make tails just stick the tip in the back and make some little points.. rooster I start on the bottom behind him and pull a long piping of the white to get a few long "feathers"
then with a 4 tip, and red icing make the cheeks, and the comb on the top. the rooster gets the waddles under where the beak will go.
then with yellow, and a 4 tip, squeeze feet out starting from the body and making 3 lines for the toes. and between the red cheeks squeeze a beak. with black icing, (I use chocolate buttercream icing mixed with superblack gel) give them eyeballs.
I usually use the grass tip and make grass also. you can use the grass tip and yellow to make a nest between them, and squeeze a white egg in there with a 12 tip.
I hope this helps. It is hard to take alot of pictures of step by step at work, I usually just have my camera phone in my pocket!!!
Have fun!
chickens.jpg

Last edited:
Have you ever thought about teaching cake decorating? Your turkey is waaaaaaaaaaaaay cuter than my turkey was.

actually I have taught cake decorating. they sometimes send me decorators from other walmarts to learn things...
I think if someone is artistic, and creative, and knows the difference between pastel and primary colors, they have potential to be a good decorator. People tell me that left handed people can't decorate, but I know several left handed decorators who are wonderful and have beautiful handwriting!!!

clap.gif
I am not surprized they send you folks to learn for the other stores. You have a wonderful nack of creating critters out of cake and frosting.
clap.gif
frow.gif
clap.gif
frow.gif
another standing novation for the directions thank you for sharing .
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom