pain relief for hen ?

Aug 17, 2020
Quebec, Canada
I did another bumblefoot today, not as deep as prior one, mostly surface, but the hen is in some pain, is there something I can do ? I put Vitacyn to disinfect and made a bandage with vet-wrap and a cotton-ball. can the bandage be too tight ?

Attachments

• IMG_20210127_131913.jpg
    IMG_20210127_131913.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20210127_131929.jpg
    IMG_20210127_131929.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 4
Get the bandage secure enough to stay on, but be careful not to cut off circulation. Vet wrap can slip and become too tight. Aspirin 1/2 of an 81 mg tablet twice a day can be given for 2-3 days for pain if there is no bleeding.

Please forgive my ignorance on this subject.

Is that a rock you removed or a scab that was covering what actually pierced her foot?
That is the infection. When bumble foot infection goes unnoticed, it creates a Bumble, which is a hard "plug" that is created by the infection. Its like a hard clump of infection and dead tissue I believe.

That is the infection. When bumble foot infection goes unnoticed, it creates a Bumble, which is a hard "plug" that is created by the infection. Its like a hard clump of infection and dead tissue I believe.
Thank you for the explanation. And that is crazy!! I am going to have to research this purely out of curiosity. Lol

By the way, to anyone dealing with bumbles, I put bag balm on the skin to make the bumble work loose (after Epson soak), it makes the skin let go as you pry it off.

(the same idea as putting hand-cream/olive oil on skin to heal a cut or abrasion that has made a scab)

By the way, to anyone dealing with bumbles, I put bag balm on the skin to make the bumble work loose (after Epson soak), it makes the skin let go as you pry it off.

(the same idea as putting hand-cream/olive oil on skin to heal a cut or abrasion that has made a scab)
I have heard of using Vaseline as well. Works a lot better then just cutting in with a scalpel. Much less invasive.

Back
Top Bottom