PAINT SILKIES!?!?!

Just saying...I got my Cuckoo silkie free, and she is very typy, just not with the most shape. She looks a lot like the Cuckoo that KattyKillFish posted. She came as part of a pair (she was supposed to be a roo, that's why they got rid of her, but we were pretty sure she was a hen, and now she's laying...) The other half of the pair was a "blue frizzled cochin" Well, he's mottled, and he's smooth, but he is a cochin!

Interesting "pair"
wink.png

Hi there, I see you liked the Painted Silkies....I am working on developing these. I only have 7, but started with one I got by accident. If you e mail me back, we can talk about it, my e mail is [email protected] Judy Lee.

I just LOVE cuckoo silkies - here is a pic of my hen - her blue cuckoo mate died before she came to live with me, so her new mate is my blue roo:

20890_wm_1001_starla.jpg

And here are a couple pics of Dotty, a silkie/EE chick I hatched last year - I have no idea if she is a paint or not, as she just "popped up" when I incubated some blue eggs from my EE's and silkies. I actually don't even know who her parents were, but those are patches of solid black feathers surrounded by white. She lays blue eggs. I'd love to recreate her color with silkie feathering, but I don't know how. Any suggestions?

20890_paint_1.jpg

20890_paint_2.jpg

Hi, I am working on developing these Painted Silkies here in the United States, just outside Nashville Tennessee. I have 8 that are true to color and am trying hard to develop them. I am [email protected]

Back
Top Bottom