PAINT SILKIES!?!?!

The problem is, many American gamefowl (regardless of color) have split white sickle feathers (mottling gene?) so I would be inclined to overlook the sickle feathers on the white bird. I still have to take photos of my adult Silkies although they are not fully grown. It is tough to tell with Silkies especially in photos because the feathers blend more.

07-01-07_1720.jpg

I had a Sizzle pullet that came out looking paint a while back. She was solid white with a couple of black "spots" just like the paint Silkies. Her down was the same color too. I sold her b/c I didn't realize it was anything special...just thought she was a mutt color.
roll.png
Too bad I didn't keep her and breed her back to a Silkie just to see what I got.

Quote:
Was the black and white cochin roo the sire??

No, I don't think he was around yet when I hatched her. Maybe I should cross him to some Silkies just for fun? Black or white ones?

Quote:
Decisions, decisions.
lol.png

ETA: By the way, that roo is head honcho among the bantam Cochins (and my Wheaten Ameraucana roo), so I am getting a TON of barred babies. I'm interested to see if any of them will feather out white with the black barring like him. How old was he when you first noticed that pattern?

Last edited:
Quote:
I have a chick that looks like yours in the picture top middle...wonder what they'll look like grown....wanna sell yours? lol

Hi All,

I have this boy that is in the grow out pen. What color is he? Never ever had one like him.
He is be up for a home but he is interesting color. Check him out.

7235_70paint-2.jpg
7235_70paint-4.jpg
7235_70paint-3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom