Pair or trio?

lilbitCadeau

In the Brooder
Dec 5, 2015
I recently lost all ducks to dogs. I am starting over and would like to have just a pair or trio of Silver Apple yards this year. I need to build something more substantial as I now have had dog, raccoon, and human theft as problems. So I need to start small this year. Would the female in a pair be over bred? Would a pair be quieter than a trio?

I live in a city that allows ducks. My last girls were fairly quiet, only one regularly was very loud. Are silver Apple yards exceptionally loud? Or average or quieter?

Thanks for any advice!

RIP.....I miss you all!

Dinny Duck. Pekin boy
Bonnet. Rouen/Ancona girl
Aeowyn . Welsh girl
Arwyn. Welsh girl
Hawkeye. Muscovy boy
Falcon . Muscovy girl
Birdie Bird. Muscovy girl

I recently lost all ducks to dogs. I am starting over and would like to have just a pair or trio of Silver Apple yards this year. I need to build something more substantial as I now have had dog, raccoon, and human theft as problems. So I need to start small this year. Would the female in a pair be over bred? Would a pair be quieter than a trio?

I live in a city that allows ducks. My last girls were fairly quiet, only one regularly was very loud. Are silver Apple yards exceptionally loud? Or average or quieter?

Thanks for any advice!

RIP.....I miss you all!

Dinny Duck. Pekin boy
Bonnet. Rouen/Ancona girl
Aeowyn . Welsh girl
Arwyn. Welsh girl
Hawkeye. Muscovy boy
Falcon . Muscovy girl
Birdie Bird. Muscovy girl
Sorry to hear about your other ducks...I would say a trio:meaning one male and two females.The Female in a pair would most likely be over bred.A pair could be quieter then a trio just depends on the ducks.

Thank you for the responses. Duck safety and then happiness are my main concerns. Would another ratio be better? Would 1:3 be better? I am hoping for ducky peace and harmony. ☺

I know quiet does not equal ducks. I like their mutters and chirps to each other and testing quacks. What I need to avoid it really loud and often combined. Does anyone know if silver Apple yards or are especially loud or very talkative?

Thanks so much. I have read a lot but often things like personality or volume are not discussed. I have read here for a while but never posted or talked to others with ducks. Thanks for all those who answer.

Back
Top Bottom