Pale beaks and feet in Sebbies?

Goose and Fig

Grateful Geese
10 Years
Apr 19, 2009
Fall Creek Falls TN
I just piced up some young sebbies from 2 different people. Both sets of birds are about 10 weeks old. The second set have really pale pink beaks and feet. Does this indicate a deficiency? They are "blue splash" or something like that. Will they darken up, or is this something indicative of color like BBS in chickens? Thanks! So excited to have them!!!

Hi,
I have 2 Sebbies now 7 weeks old, that I hatched from eggs. One has a pale flesh coloured beak & feet and the other is more orangey. They both have the same diet (mainly grass) and are both happy & healthy, so I think it's just how they are. Here's a pic..

Not an expert on Sebbies, but aren't the Blue Splash and Saddleback colors bred from crossing lines with Poms? If so, that might also explain the pink bills and feet because that's a Pom trait? I love genetics! Would love to see pictures too!

Hi,
I have 2 Sebbies now 7 weeks old, that I hatched from eggs. One has a pale flesh coloured beak & feet and the other is more orangey. They both have the same diet (mainly grass) and are both happy & healthy, so I think it's just how they are. Here's a pic..
You say mainly grass are you supplementing with either water fowl feed or chicken feed? very important they have a balanced diet especially while growing. grass yes big part of their diet but feed also needs to be fed so they are getting all the nutrients they need. Once grown then they can thrive on good quality grass alone.

They are gorgeous by the way

Welcome to BYC .

You say mainly grass are you supplementing  with either water fowl feed or chicken feed? very important they have a balanced diet especially while growing. grass yes big part of their diet but feed also needs to be fed so they are getting all the nutrients they need. Once grown then they can thrive on good quality grass alone.

They are gorgeous by the way

Welcome to BYC .

Thanks, I adore them, and they are cuddled daily
1f60a.png
They are just starting to get some curly long feathers. They have a large dish of Smallholder poultry growers pellets at night when I shut them in, then I let them out in the morning to graze by the pond. I shut them back in with the chickens late afternoon & fill their paddling pool up and they have another bowl of growers pellets then. I also put a poultry vitamin tonic in the chickens water which the geese sometimes drink (as well as their paddling pool water!)

Thanks, I adore them, and they are cuddled daily
1f60a.png
They are just starting to get some curly long feathers. They have a large dish of Smallholder poultry growers pellets at night when I shut them in, then I let them out in the morning to graze by the pond. I shut them back in with the chickens late afternoon & fill their paddling pool up and they have another bowl of growers pellets then. I also put a poultry vitamin tonic in the chickens water which the geese sometimes drink (as well as their paddling pool water!)

Sounds like they are well cared for. Enjoy them they are beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom