Pale Comb, lethargic, hunched, and mostly white diarrhea

Kame

Chirping
May 7, 2022
California
My hen, Roja, has had a rough year, she got Mycoplasma and is the last of her flock. She is 5 year-old (maybe more) ISA brown hen. She has been doing pretty well despite all of this. Since the passing of her sister, she started living inside to help with her depression. Yesterday, I noticed her comb was EXTREMELY pale. She has been eating less this past month, but I thought it was because of her slight scissor beak. I just made her pellets smaller and did think much of it because she started eating again. She seems to have sour crop with vent gleet. Her poop is small, runny, and mostly white, but there seems to be some dark brown with it now? It's almost black. I am really scared that she has some sort of internal bleeding. Her sisters have all died because of a vent problem. The day before yesterday she was her normal self except for her low appetite and weird poop.

Last night, I gave her an Epsom salt bath and cleared her vent area. I searched for mites and found nothing. Today I tried giving her plain Greek yogurt and have been treating her sour crop. She tried her best to resist me, but she was too lethargic to be successful.

My hen, Roja, has had a rough year, she got Mycoplasma and is the last of her flock. She is 5 year-old (maybe more) ISA brown hen. She has been doing pretty well despite all of this. Since the passing of her sister, she started living inside to help with her depression. Yesterday, I noticed her comb was EXTREMELY pale. She has been eating less this past month, but I thought it was because of her slight scissor beak. I just made her pellets smaller and did think much of it because she started eating again. She seems to have sour crop with vent gleet. Her poop is small, runny, and mostly white, but there seems to be some dark brown with it now? It's almost black. I am really scared that she has some sort of internal bleeding. Her sisters have all died because of a vent problem. The day before yesterday she was her normal self except for her low appetite and weird poop.

Last night, I gave her an Epsom salt bath and cleared her vent area. I searched for mites and found nothing. Today I tried giving her plain Greek yogurt and have been treating her sour crop. She tried her best to resist me, but she was too lethargic to be successful.
@Wyorp Rock

Today, she fought me more during treatment, but is still extremely lethargic. I decided to deworm her as well, with Safeguard (fenbendazole) Goat Dewormer. Her comb is still very pale, and she is still eating very little. I took some pictures of her outside. I noticed that her poop was closer to green than black. I'm hoping her fatigue is due to the lack of eating and not anything more serious.

Attachments

• IMG_20231102_180855128.jpg
    IMG_20231102_180855128.jpg
    517.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20231102_180118969.jpg
    IMG_20231102_180118969.jpg
    625.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20231102_174928079.jpg
    IMG_20231102_174928079.jpg
    477.5 KB · Views: 12
Today, she fought me more during treatment, but is still extremely lethargic. I decided to deworm her as well, with Safeguard (fenbendazole) Goat Dewormer. Her comb is still very pale, and she is still eating very little. I took some pictures of her outside. I noticed that her poop was closer to green than black. I'm hoping her fatigue is due to the lack of eating and not anything more serious.
Did you figure out what happened? Did she get better?

Back
Top Bottom