Pale comb

Maggies chickens

In the Brooder
Jun 17, 2021
Colorado
I've noticed recently that my chicken has a really pale comb in comparison to my other birds. She has been laying and she isn't molting. I'm not sure if it's the heat or not. They have fresh water at all times. The temperature where I live has been in the 80s and 90s (F). Would anyone know why her comb is so pale?

I've noticed recently that my chicken has a really pale comb in comparison to my other birds. She has been laying and she isn't molting. I'm not sure if it's the heat or not. They have fresh water at all times. The temperature where I live has been in the 80s and 90s (F). Would anyone know why her comb is so pale?
I am very sorry about this, but normally this is due to a lack of oxygen and that might be an infection in the air sacs. I would suggest you give her some antibiotic. This can be put in the water, but, to make sure she gets enough, I would suggest a small syringe, and put it straight into her mouth.

IMG_0667.jpg

Here is a photo of her. A day ago I put some Vaseline on her thinking that maybe it was just dry skin but it's usually paler than this.

Back
Top Bottom