Pale & floppy comb, losing weight, black raised bumps on face

Emski239

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 4, 2018
HELP!! Three of my two-year old RIRs have fallen ill. Their combs have turned pale and floppy, they have lost weight (varrying severity between each girl), and recently getting these weird black growths on their faces.

This started about three weeks ago when my buff (approx two years old, rescue chicken, had numerous health scares) suddenly passed away from what appeared to be a respiratory disease. I found her the night before, sitting puffed up and breathing very heavily. I immediately quarantined her and found her dead the next morning 😭 I cried my eyes out, got on the internet, went to get vetrx for the rest of my girls, just in case.

We had just recently purchased 28 chicks and as soon as we got home from TS, we noticed they had begun sneezing. Our 7 older girls have free range of a quarter acre and their coop is in a horse barn. The little girls were about half an acre away in a large brooder in my husband's shop. We rubbed them all down with the vet rx, put it in their water and the little girls recovered quickly. Shortly after the passing of my buff, one by one, three of our older girls became lethargic, pale floppy combs, and puffed up. I drove to the feed store, the lady reccomend noromycin, I gave it to the sick three orally, 0.5 cc once a day for seven days. I also started a "Backyard" dewormer for chickens in their shared waterer along with their normal electrolytes & probiotic. Our vet friend said we were doing everything right. After a few days on antibiotics, their energy came back. I let them out of quarantine to go forage. They seemed to be drinking and eating normally.

Since they've had the antibiotics, I've also noticed some weird droppings, almost like someone crumbled up a regular chicken poop. It looks very similar to pictures of colostrumitis poop. The girl that looks like she has lost the most weight is now starting to look more pale and lethargic again. I am so scared I am going to lose her. And who is to say I won't lose the other two sick ones, even the other three healthy older girls or the 27 chicks (1 chick passed I believe due to failure to thrive)?! I'm sorry this is so long but I want to give as much detail as possible. Can anyone help? I'm trying to get ahold of our vet friend to have a fecal float test done. Fowl pox? Worms? Colostrumitis?

HELP!! Three of my two-year old RIRs have fallen ill. Their combs have turned pale and floppy, they have lost weight (varrying severity between each girl), and recently getting these weird black growths on their faces.

This started about three weeks ago when my buff (approx two years old, rescue chicken, had numerous health scares) suddenly passed away from what appeared to be a respiratory disease. I found her the night before, sitting puffed up and breathing very heavily. I immediately quarantined her and found her dead the next morning 😭 I cried my eyes out, got on the internet, went to get vetrx for the rest of my girls, just in case.

We had just recently purchased 28 chicks and as soon as we got home from TS, we noticed they had begun sneezing. Our 7 older girls have free range of a quarter acre and their coop is in a horse barn. The little girls were about half an acre away in a large brooder in my husband's shop. We rubbed them all down with the vet rx, put it in their water and the little girls recovered quickly. Shortly after the passing of my buff, one by one, three of our older girls became lethargic, pale floppy combs, and puffed up. I drove to the feed store, the lady reccomend noromycin, I gave it to the sick three orally, 0.5 cc once a day for seven days. I also started a "Backyard" dewormer for chickens in their shared waterer along with their normal electrolytes & probiotic. Our vet friend said we were doing everything right. After a few days on antibiotics, their energy came back. I let them out of quarantine to go forage. They seemed to be drinking and eating normally.

Since they've had the antibiotics, I've also noticed some weird droppings, almost like someone crumbled up a regular chicken poop. It looks very similar to pictures of colostrumitis poop. The girl that looks like she has lost the most weight is now starting to look more pale and lethargic again. I am so scared I am going to lose her. And who is to say I won't lose the other two sick ones, even the other three healthy older girls or the 27 chicks (1 chick passed I believe due to failure to thrive)?! I'm sorry this is so long but I want to give as much detail as possible. Can anyone help? I'm trying to get ahold of our vet friend to have a fecal float test done. Fowl pox? Worms? Colostrumitis?
Pics?

Of course the one that is the sickest was the hardest to get a picture of. First and second pic is Peep, the sickest, bumps are near her nostril and by the outside corner of her eye. Third pic is Ribby, second sickest, floppy comb, pretty good energy, I think her bumps have healed. Fourth and fifth is Diamond, the least sick but has the nastiest bumps. Final pic is reference to a healthy girl. Thank you for replying.

Attachments

• 20200804_182236.jpg
    20200804_182236.jpg
    550.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200804_182125.jpg
    20200804_182125.jpg
    330.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200804_180508.jpg
    20200804_180508.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200804_180425.jpg
    20200804_180425.jpg