Pale comb and wattle, lethargic

Conkright

Hatching
Sep 16, 2023
One of our chickens this morning had a pale, dry comb and wattle and red eyes. She has greenish yellow poop on her behind which I also found in the coop. I think she may have had diarrhea that was a more normal color yesterday. The feathers around her neck also looked a bit sparse, no mites or lice seen. Her crop seemed empty, her abdomen not swollen, if anything she seemed incredibly thin? I secluded her in the house hoping to post and call the vet, but then she started breathing heavily and died within an hour or two. Any ideas what is going on?
Another chicken is having a similarly pale comb and wattle but is acting normally so far. Both of their tail feathers are much shorter than the others which at first I assumed was molting but now I’m not sure
IMG_7924.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7925.jpeg
    IMG_7925.jpeg
    451.2 KB · Views: 13
I’m in the same boat.. two hens very pale comb and wattles greenish white wet poop.
Looking very thin. Have given red meat and banana…
Treated for mites, worms, and with coracid..
wish I knew and could help
Im at a loss my self.

Prayers for peace and understanding.
Having issues w/chicken that’s been wobbling &/or hobbling last few mths. So many get little pebbles, smaller than peas, stuck in their feet. She’s had none. She’s walked w/waddle for a few mths. Not sure when/how it happened.
Found her lying on cold, damp ground, outside coop earlier, (not able to get up ramp to get into coop?) She’s weak/lethargic, but alert, w/an appetite. Put Nutridrench, Poultry Cell, & powdered probiotics in water.
Usure if I should keep inside or put her back into coop? With leg problems, afraid she may have to become a “House Hen” entire winter, due to being effected by cold.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom