Pale Spots on Roo

MadChickenMama

Songster
Apr 14, 2018
North Carolina
I just noticed these very pale spots on my boy's face. Is this an issue? And, yeah, he was beat up the other day by another roo that's what's going on with his comb, hence why he is inside.

20190127_181833.jpg

Maybe fowl pox? I don't know much about it however. I have heard to just let it heal by itself.

That's all I can find online, but it's a waiting game to see if it is. I only noticed them today, but they could have been there yesterday. I'm in the a few times a day, but sometimes things escape my notice. They aren't scabby, so for now I'm wondering if it's just a pigment thing.

And today he has some on his other earlobe thing. They definitely weren't there yesterday.
The top circle is his ear - look behind that little tuft of feathers - is there any discharge or debris in the ear canal? It should look clean and smooth inside.

The eye - is it crusty, could it be dirt? You can always rinse the eye with saline and see if that helps.

The top circle is his ear - look behind that little tuft of feathers - is there any discharge or debris in the ear canal? It should look clean and smooth inside.

The eye - is it crusty, could it be dirt? You can always rinse the eye with saline and see if that helps.

Maybe slightly dirty, but no discharge. And eyes are fine.

Back
Top Bottom