Pallet Coop cost $0!

ChrisS

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 5, 2011
Gastonia NC
I built this coop from scraps of wood on the side of the road. What do you think?
IMG00601-20110826-1240.jpg

IMG00600-20110826-1240.jpg

Awesome!!!
thumbsup.gif

I almost picked up more pallets today, then decided that my pallet doggy foyer still needs the flappy door attached, and the pallet duckhouse is not nearly done - perhaps this weekend.

Still - I had to buy some 'sheet wood', but the major expense for me has been hardware - screws and hurricane ties and whatnot. My doggy foyer cost me $25, and my duckhouse is running $100. I did buy wood, paint, and some hardware at Restore, but it was not free.
barnie.gif

With Irene coming, I think I have convinced myself that a real coop (rather than this hutch) is needed for winter.

I would replace that chicken wire with hardware cloth. Raccoons can rip through that chicken wire. Or reach through. That is great that you did that for 0$, but I really would invest in predator proofing a little more. JMO. Good luck. Are you in the path of the storm? I would secure it down.

The chicken wire will be replaced either tomorrow or Monday, I just used what I had around to keep the chickens in for a few nights. And the thing with legs is the door, its a small pallt and those are the legs I didn't cut off. Thanks everybody!!

good thing you live where it's warm, and your worry is rain.... that wouldn't be worth a darn in our winters...

Back
Top Bottom