Panting duckling? Don't think he's hot...

I have a pekin duckling he's about 6 weeks and he's panting real bad, he tries to stop so he can sleep, but then starts again, he's been in the water today, he does not have any discharge from his nostrils, should I try the kitty pool so he can rinse and snort ? I see this is not entirely uncommon for the pekin ducklings, I just want my little guy to get better :( he is shedding a lot too which I figure is normal

Mine stopped after a while but I do keep a kiddie pool into their pen all day. When she was panting, I tried to make sure she had plenty of water and had a fan on circulating the air when indoors. Seemed to help mine.

He seems to be doing a little better after he got out of the pool I'm assuming some dead skin or dust clogged his nose

Yeah I have two little boys, 6 weeks though one is bigger then the other not by much but yeah this was the first time I've seen him do it and it worried me, one other question, they are still on stater grow crumble, when should I switch foods and what to?

According to my bag of feed, you give them starter up to 10 weeks go with what hey call a grower / finisher for up to 18 weeks then go with the layer food. I've tried 3 different brands and they don't seem to eat it much. They forge in the yard when I'm home then I give them some defrosted peas and corn cause i heard it is good for them. They love kale too. Bought a plant and the graze on it every day. I just orders a book on amazon that is supposed to be a great reference for us beginners called "the ultimate pet duck guidebook". The lady who wrote it actually has a duck sanctuary near my home and I am planning a trip to see the place and hopefully learn something.

My guys enjoying their kale.

Aww they're so cute, thank you so much! One of my little guys has brown on his head that's faded over the weeks is going to completely fade away?

I believe so but they also have these marks, also I was mistaken the date they are only 3 weeks, maybe 4. Here's the marking

Back
Top Bottom