Pantry-palooza collection of my hybrids

Pics
Navy bean soup! Soaked the beans for over 24hrs - because I can…..
Ham is already cut and re-frozen after being cooked/smoked a while back. Will be thawing out shortly after posting this. The only veggie I don’t have readily available is celery. It is a bummer for the filler aspect but, not a deal breaker. Everything else I either have plenty of in pantry OR fridge orrrrrr, I plan to substitute & punt!

Here is the recipe I’ll be using as a base to run with:
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/262468/instant-pot-navy-bean-and-ham-soup/

Here are the beans freshly rinsed off after soaking.
D2E813EA-6F61-4E36-A671-FA1A46CBC1BE.jpeg

Will be starting this later this afternoon. Excess beans will be “Tupperware’s and into the fridge for a day or so.” Want to think about the recipes that will be used in over the weekend.

Navy bean soup! Soaked the beans for over 24hrs - because I can…..
Ham is already cut and re-frozen after being cooked/smoked a while back. Will be thawing out shortly after posting this. The only veggie I don’t have readily available is celery. It is a bummer for the filler aspect but, not a deal breaker. Everything else I either have plenty of in pantry OR fridge orrrrrr, I plan to substitute & punt!

Here is the recipe I’ll be using as a base to run with:
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/262468/instant-pot-navy-bean-and-ham-soup/

Here are the beans freshly rinsed off after soaking.
View attachment 3084848

Will be starting this later this afternoon. Excess beans will be “Tupperware’s and into the fridge for a day or so.” Want to think about the recipes that will be used in over the weekend.
I'll gladly take a quart.

spaghetti squash version 3.1

Everyone who has baked one of these in the oven has always had a very tricky task to slice the veggie as close to cleanly in half as possible.

So once they are sliced and clean of the seeds the multiple suggestions of a thin coating of veggie oil (one type or another) & a thin coating on the pan baked in…

One can realistically not see true technical flat surfaces even with the oil film every time.

I poured just enough water onto the cookie sheet to truly submerge the entire edge of both halves and just a smidge more water to allow the evaporation during the baking time still keep the edge sealed until the shell softens and warps to a flat seal in the cookie sheet.

Oven is cold, they are put in the oven & THEN powered on to 375 in convection baking mode.
Set timer for 50 minutes.
EE3F46FA-7525-43EC-868A-16A3092F0924.jpeg
At 48-49 minutes I looked to see how much water remained. It was still bubbling - showing they still had a enough water to seal the lip of the shells. Left it on for another 7 minutes & then turned off the oven; leaving the squash in the oven until I was ready to make dinner….

That was a wee bit over 2 hrs later.
The squash nearly fell outta the 1/2 shell when I made the serving.
54064E10-DED9-43FD-816F-12086F30D1F6.jpeg

Cue in the leftover chicken that had been marinated for 2 days in the fridge before being baked in the garlic & Ginger purée.

08AF4FA0-454D-4C22-A317-3CB49936995F.jpeg
Chopped up the chicken chunks.
Layer of pasta sauce
Layer of cheese
918C5D21-A3EB-4D4E-91A1-40FD3C38D837.jpeg

Then reheat in toaster oven & eat!

8970BF2F-C1CC-4687-8E71-E5A7036404A8.jpeg

“Badder up” (pun enforced)
DABC4F18-A44D-47E1-8420-B0B3C8207CAB.jpeg

Think pumpkin loaf muffins & pancakes… a “double batch” with several extra eggs as usual; added a few other flour’s and flax seed meal again too.
BTW I have omitted the use of sugar so far really don’t see the need for it as yet.
A7E46422-3D74-435E-987B-E64C2BA52BCB.jpeg

99EC2353-5660-499E-8DED-B181686A3527.jpeg

Dry will be introduced to the eggs & wet stuff later tonight. Then, the nuts will be added. Will goto fridge for at least a day or two…

Back
Top Bottom