Pantry-palooza collection of my hybrids

Pics
Salvaging the day for my soul with distractions and trying to solve a minor mystery… where did “Mom’s recipe Box” go to? Specifically where is that wonderful Chocolate chip oatmeal cookie recipe at?

For over a week now I had web searched for chocolate chip cookie recipes. Whittled it down to 6 and wrote them all on a sheet of paper to prepare to amalgamate them into one recipe…. Unless I find Mom’s before hand.

After meditating and visualizing a couple time this week. Found it about 3-something this afternoon! After dusting it off and carefully going through the catalogued cubbies of stuff. Found it!!!

So Grampa D gave it to Mom Xmas of ‘94 (date stamp picture of when he finished building it for her). He passed away in my arms 3 years later. It was the most awesome peaceful experience of my life. When Mom passed “in my arms” that midnight Dec/06 in the hospital- that was a Very close 2nd. To feel the spirit around and float through me it was so wonderful.

So anyways…. The cookie dough still needs to be made. Then refrigerated. To give some background to this recipe, need to roll back that “Way back machine Mr. Peabody” to one of the summers from 1979-1982 when we lived Nextdoor to Baba & Grampa. It was a typical summer weekday. Mom & Dad had already gone to work. It was late in the morning. We had fed Miste, Marcy & Candy & ate our breakfast too.

Time to make the usual double batch of Chocolate chip Oatmeal cookies! Got everything out started to put it into the giant stainless steel bowl. Got about half way through and realized we forgot to get the eggs outta the fridge…. Oops. No eggs. So, Mike & I decided to just finish putting the mix together and stick it in the fridge & then call Mom. So we did and asked her to stop by Meijer’s Thrifty Acre’s on her way home to get plenty of eggs. She was like, “why???” So we told her we had started the double batch and discovered there were no eggs. So we explained to her that we finished mixing it up and covered it in the fridge.

Something happened and we did put the eggs in the dough and the electric blender was really working… no, straining hard to mix the cold dough and the eggs together. Once mixed we decided to wait and bake them the next day and we went out to play in the lake some more.

That batch came outta the oven like normal. We ziplocked 1/2 and froze it like usual. The next day when we had a cookie we noticed that it was still soft.

So a week goes by and both parents ask about the cookies being so soft. I said this seems to be because the eggs were added last. Every other time they end up crispy. So next time we make them Mom watched us and we added the eggs last then, like normal put it in the fridge & baked them later. Sure enough soft again. And stayed soft about 2 weeks as well.

This became a kinda fun challenge like situation when Mom said this little mistake had created a better cookie then she’d ever done with this recipe.
So I’ll likely bake them this weekend sometime. Just *NOT during peak afternoon AC hours*…. Sheeessh.

So without further rambling here’s the photo essay.
990E4B67-42C3-4B93-8DEE-E6C1515129E9.jpeg

DB95F2F7-D506-4498-8540-AA8AEB118CE3.jpeg

82849FFC-5B27-4632-B192-57B919C7A8EE.jpeg

8A7F8C91-7620-41F7-81D4-0006819D6374.jpeg

4BD776C7-9485-45CE-992C-17880A916003.jpeg

Okay, so I’ll byte the bullet and make this a slow & start retrospective project.

Starting today with the pancake bread cookie version 9 or 10 now? Anywho. Started with the gluten free waffle/pancake bag mix in the freezer.

Using the recipe as a jumping off point
1 cup powder
1 lg egg
3/4 cup water
1tbsp cooking oil

What I do now a days…
I usually triple the egg or more…

3 eggs
Walnut oil (the last of the bottle ~2tbsp)
Then filled the bottle with some hot water, shook it up, that got the rest of the oil on the sides of the glass bottle..
That was ~3/4 cup of quite hot water
Added 3 hand fulls of large raisins (these happened to of been mgr special sale of organic)
~1/4 cup of almond flour
~1/4 cup of shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
~1/4 hemp seed milled
~1 tsp cinnamon (semi heaped)
1 cup the pancake/ waffle flour mix

Oiled the pad (avocado oil)

Toaster oven at 400 for ~20 minutes (from cold iron) I left it in there for ~10 more minutes after the bell “dinged.”

Here’s what it looked like when I pulled it out. Still quite warm. *almost to warm to hold for more than about 8-10 seconds barehanded.

View attachment 2981424

And using my thumb for thickness scale here:
View attachment 2981425

So. As for the stuff from the past? I’ll make sure to post the date the hybrid was con-cocked - as I find them in my history here in all the myriad threads and chats. Fair enough?

Items will be using toaster over, insta-pot, regular oven & cooktop. I’ll also share my coffee and *Tea* creations as well…

/end of line.
🤤 Yum!

So, here is the mixed up batch and the substitutions:
E7E0B1CE-A4D8-46CA-A9F5-ADA35C92B7E5.jpeg
Because I only had basic sugar so to replace the brown sugar you just add molasses… I have added coconut flakes many times in the past so, why not now & added a small amount of some other bits…
F87CA77B-FDF1-47F2-968C-7972AAC8E2B2.jpeg

2D4B20E1-1DAA-4915-A1F0-2EC3E45A6937.jpeg
This is before nuts and chips…
955A7EB3-BB88-4300-BA72-CF191FA2DA3B.jpeg
This is all mixed up… ready for the fridge.

Good night…

Back
Top Bottom