Parakeet or Lovebirds?

Parakeets or Lovebirds

• Total voters
Cockatiels are easier and much quieter than lovebirds. They are also cuddlier than budgies/parakeets with most enjoying having their heads scratched.

It all depends on what you are looking for in a bird as different species are quite different in their personalities, and their likes and dislikes.

I would hand raise a baby cockatiel! I had raised one earlier this year and he’s the sweetest thing ever. He absolutely loves his snuggles and I have him trained for free flights outside. He also has picked up on all my whistles I do and it’s pretty funny/cute when he makes them or starts singing.

Some pics of him growing up
1B9AD538-5E16-4838-9510-3AB54C75F999.jpeg
7E211CCD-170A-4CFD-B949-A2E60D2EC12C.jpeg
C6272B62-AFBF-4977-8906-830DBED5B7A9.jpeg
F72C6D2C-AAF1-46EE-ACFD-C78E9D6BAC3B.jpeg

It really depends on a lot of things. Have you researched about either one?
Yes, I have, my mom wants a pair of lovebirds, I suggested a parakeet first. I read that lovebirds aren't the friendliest little birds and can bite. I think they are both very cute. My grandma had a parakeet, she loved it. From what I read it depends on personality.

Cockatiels are easier and much quieter than lovebirds. They are also cuddlier than budgies/parakeets with most enjoying having their heads scratched.

It all depends on what you are looking for in a bird as different species are quite different in their personalities, and their likes and dislikes.
Thank you! I will look into cockatiels!

I would hand raise a baby cockatiel! I had raised one earlier this year and he’s the sweetest thing ever. He absolutely loves his snuggles and I have him trained for free flights outside. He also has picked up on all my whistles I do and it’s pretty funny/cute when he makes them or starts singing.
Oh my goodness, He is adorable. I never thought about cocktails, I saw one for adoption and thought they were really cute! Are they good starter birds? I have poultry, but never a bird (if that makes sense). My mother has found out that she really wants a bird. I will have to do some research!

Cockatiels will need a much bigger cage than a budgie because if their size and wingspan, therefore costing more. Also, the bigger the bird, the more food you'll get through.
I always think it's cruel to keep cockatiels inside.

Back
Top Bottom