Paralyzed chicken leg?

PoultryQueen

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 17, 2010
On Christmas eve, one of my dogs got out and killed my rabbits. They where in with my chickens, and one hen went missing. Later that day, we found her hidden in a tire. My dad got her out, and of coarse, into the house she went. (My mom had a fit!)

She seemed to be fine, no signs of shocks. Nothing. But yesterday I notcied something VERY VERY wrong. It seems my poor Dove (she is a chicken) cannot move her left leg. At all. She wont move it back and forth, and the toes aren't moving either. Its not at all stiff, I can move it back abd forth. It seems not to hurt her. She allows me to touch it and squeeze it, with no rise from her.

Can some one PLEASE help me? Whether you know what is going on, but don't have an anwswer for what to do, or know exactly what to do. I need help quick!
Note: She will be going to the small animal vet tomorrrow.

I am sorry to hear about your rabbits, and also your hen, glad you found her, and also that you brought her inside she was probably in shock. As for her leg and foot, I haven't a clue, but taking her to the vet is probably the best bet, that way you'll know for sure and hopefully can get it treated. All the best and let us know how it turns out.

Back
Top Bottom