Help please! Chick paralyzed? Other chick dead!

TesoroSena

Crowing
Jan 5, 2023
Tennessee
I hatched out two chicks a few days ago and neither of them did well. The first one had a breathing problem and paralyzed feet, not legs, like the toes. The other had split leg and the paralyzed toes. The first died a few minutes ago, and now this chick is all alone. I might move it into the house to that it can be with me, not alone. I don’t know what to do, I’ve had a paralyzed leg before, but never the toes! I’m afraid this one might die…
It will eat a little bit, but not much, and it gets super upset when I’m not there. What do I do?!

I hatched out two chicks a few days ago and neither of them did well. The first one had a breathing problem and paralyzed feet, not legs, like the toes. The other had split leg and the paralyzed toes. The first died a few minutes ago, and now this chick is all alone. I might move it into the house to that it can be with me, not alone. I don’t know what to do, I’ve had a paralyzed leg before, but never the toes! I’m afraid this one might die…
It will eat a little bit, but not much, and it gets super upset when I’m not there. What do I do?!
I am not really the best at this stuff. But you could calm it down by putting a radio or tv and pet the lonely chick!??
@Eggcessive
@MysteryChicken
@fluffycrow

I hope these people can help!! Good luck❤

Booties for feet problems usually help.
20210711_113039.jpg
Splayed/Spraddle legs require hobbles though.

I hatched out two chicks a few days ago and neither of them did well. The first one had a breathing problem and paralyzed feet, not legs, like the toes. The other had split leg and the paralyzed toes.
Sorry for your loss and experience.

From what you've posted.., there may have been a nutritional deficiency in the egg (for hatching purposes) or issues with your temperature..

What day did they hatch on? Do you have any supplement on hand.. rooster booster brand products or poultry nutri drench?

it gets super upset when I’m not there. What do I do?!
They don't like to be alone and don't often thrive well.. eating more when they have partners.. I tuck them into my neck, until I can find friends.. TSC or other feed stores often have them available this time of year.

:fl

Sorry for your loss and experience.
Thank you
From what you've posted.., there may have been a nutritional deficiency in the egg (for hatching purposes) or issues with your temperature..
Their temperature was steady throughout the incubation and hatch period, the humidity fluctuated up twice, we do dry hatching.
What day did they hatch on? Do you have any supplement on hand.. rooster booster brand products or poultry nutri drench?
I have corid and a chick supplement for the water. But I can pickup stuff if you think it will help!
They don't like to be alone and don't often thrive well.. eating more when they have partners.. I tuck them into my neck, until I can find friends.. TSC or other feed stores often have them available this time of year.

:fl
We have some hatching in five days… we were hoping when those came…. I don’t know. We have a lot of chickens and these were actually going to be sold as adults, now that won’t happen. The ones hatching are meat birds. We can’t really get any more chickens…

Back
Top Bottom