Parasite???

Thanks guys, I'll make sure to chuck the eggs after treatment...what about before treatment? Do I chuck those too? I know it's a different system and all, but still...yuk

Thanks guys, I'll make sure to chuck the eggs after treatment...what about before treatment? Do I chuck those too? I know it's a different system and all, but still...yuk
Flubenvet has no egg withdrawal period if used per label instructions.
The eggs are fine to eat prior to treatment. It's very rare that a roundworm makes it's way into an egg. After all, you're chickens have had worms for some time now and you've been eating the eggs.

Last edited:
I didn't realise you were in uk. You can get flubenvet over the counter (non prescription, so no vet needed) at most feed/country stores. It costs £28-30. There should be enough to do your chickens again later in the year. There is NO egg withdrawal for using it.

I didn't realise you were in uk. You can get flubenvet over the counter (non prescription, so no vet needed) at most feed/country stores. It costs £28-30. There should be enough to do your chickens again later in the year. There is NO egg withdrawal for using it.
I tried 3 different farm shops and no one stocks it....I've ordered feed infused with it now :(

Flubenvet has no egg withdrawal period if used per label instructions.
The eggs are fine to eat prior to treatment. It's very rare that a roundworm makes it's way into an egg. After all, you're chickens have had worms for some time now and you've been eating the eggs.
I know, don't remind me! :sick But now that I know.....

I tried 3 different farm shops and no one stocks it....I've ordered feed infused with it now :(
I have two stores near me that stock it. Is there a Mole Valley store near you? Try are great for chicken stuff and the feed is brilliant! I have seen the feed with premixed flubenvet. I have never used it though. It takes all the hassle out of having to mix it yourself!

I have two stores near me that stock it. Is there a Mole Valley store near you? Try are great for chicken stuff and the feed is brilliant! I have seen the feed with premixed flubenvet. I have never used it though. It takes all the hassle out of having to mix it yourself!
Unfortunately no...I'm in bedfordshire, they all seem to be further south :(

Back
Top Bottom