Parasites?

Giggles Chicks

Chirping
May 26, 2016
Palm Bay, Florida
Hello everyone, I have a hen that seems to never get enough food. I just switched to layer pellets. Her crop is in my opinion large. At first I thought she was having an issue and not digesting properly. That doesn't seem to be the case as she defecating normal. Could she have worms? She acts perfectly healthy and this has only been going since I changed the food. She eats like she's starving. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I have one like that, an aggressive eater. Best or second best layer too. I think mine is just that way. Skinny butt at two and half yrs.

I still worry about mine but I'm pretty sure its just the way she is. She is at the bottom of the pecking order so when I catch her alone I throw her treats from the garden, an apple, or even a handful of feed.

She is one of nine.

I considered worms with my skinny girl. Was possible but by now they would all have the same problem and they don't. Got a couple chubbers:)

Is she a good layer? Or at the least, does she have a consistent pattern to her laying?

You might consider posting this question under the Emergencies, Diseases, & Injuries forum where it will be more easily visible to knowledgeable chicken folk. I am still learning too. I am hear to learn as much as I can.

Back
Top Bottom