Parasites?

pen1124

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 31, 2010
Long Island
So I had gotten a pair or Birmingham roller pigeons about two weeks ago, and when I put them outside in thief loft they seemed fine... After about a week my male passed away, then 2 days later so did my female....I was heartbroken, and I figured is just get a new pair in the spring.anyways for the past couple of of days I noticed my dog has been losing weight like crazy... She's usually 17 pounds but now she's 9. So I just took her to the vet and they believe its parasites. So I kept wondering where she could've gotten them. Then I realized the time slots fit up because since I put my pigeons outside, she was able to sniff their poop which fell throught the loft flooring to the ground. So here's my question, do you guys think she could've got them from my pigeons poop. And do you think that's why my pigeons died? I know its a lot of info, thanks for reading and please post your input

Most parasites are species specific - I seriously doubt that your dog got any parasites from your pigeons.

Back
Top Bottom