Parker, CO?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by suzanb, Mar 19, 2011.

1. suzanb

suzanb New Egg

Feb 10, 2010
    Hi there! Anyone in the Parker area on here? I'm just in to my 2nd year of backyard chickens so I still have a lot to learn....

2. Coopa Cabana

Coopa Cabana My Coop Runneth Over . . .

Aug 30, 2009
    Colorado
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

I'm up north of you in Arvada.

3. Coopa Cabana

Coopa Cabana My Coop Runneth Over . . .

Aug 30, 2009
    Colorado
    My Coop
  4. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Hiya Suzan from another Arvadan!!!

5. suzanb

suzanb New Egg

Feb 10, 2010
    thanks for the link, Gail. Was just reading a post about women who keep buying chickens despite their husbands protestations! Cracked me up - and I thought I was alone in my weakness!

6. laxbro

laxbro New Egg

Jul 4, 2012
    parker, Co
    Hey I'm in Parker

7. Kristiecsu

Kristiecsu New Egg

Jul 8, 2012
    We're in Parker. Stonegate, actually. Just getting our first two birds despite HOA restrictions. Hoping for the best. We're unincorporated Douglas in our little chunk of Stonegate. Would love to know any ways around HOA BS. Halp?

8. jon trimarco

jon trimarco New Egg

Aug 17, 2012
    Hey I live in stonegate too, just got back from two years in an african village where chickens don't just live in your backyard, but your kitchen and bathrooms too. Have you got your chickens yet? Any news on the HOA?

If it's not too late I would recommend ducks. Theyre generally hardier, produce more meat and eggs, and are MUCH QUIETER -keeps the neighbors off your back.

I'm planning on organizing a social group for people who care about the environment that live in stonegate. The idea is too hold occasional potluck style get-togethers. mostly just for fun, but i hope people can make good connections, practice making ethical meals, slow down, share ideas, and maybe even start some joint projects. A chance to make green living more 'normal' in stonegate. If you're interested or have any friends that might be email me. I want to hold the first party in late september-october.

9. Kristiecsu

Kristiecsu New Egg

Jul 8, 2012
    I wasn't on BYC for quite a while so didn't see this. We'd definitely be interested. my email is [email protected].

10. DenverDucky

DenverDucky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012
    Colorado
    I'm glad to see this thread! I know a bunch of people in Stonegate that have ducks and chickens and so far no one has raised an issue about it.

Kristie- For some reason your other post isn't showing up for me, but I also wanted to tell you about the Denver Chicken Swap. It's the first Saturday of every month (I go every chance I can, so I'm planning on going tomorrow) and it's free! I love taking my kids there to see all the different animals that show up :)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by