Parrot Beak Aseel (PBA)

Pics
I asked the breeder how much his chicks were, $1k.....per chick.
I may be crazy, but I think you can get several chicks imported for that price
From what i understand, they are extremely hard to raise. Small hatches. I have no interest in them but glad someone got them here. I would have liked some satsumas but they got here about 5 years too late

I asked the breeder how much his chicks were, $1k.....per chick.
I may be crazy, but I think you can get several chicks imported for that price
From what I recall importing from countries where it is legal (some European countries and some in Aouth America) will cost at least $1,000 per egg or $10,000 for a few birds (like a trio). When you import eggs the transportation will reduce the percentage of eggs that hatch. You are paying for vet visits and tests of the breeder flock, paperwork, shipping and in the case of live birds quarantine and care during quarantine (several weeks in a USDA facility). There’s a reason why imports are so rare. Breeds like Ayam Cemani and Ayam Ketawa that are from a country like Indonesia where you can’t import from directly have to go through an approved country. This isn’t merely shipping THROUGH a country. This means that you have to find a country that will allow a legal import from that country and the imported birds have to be kept and raised there for a while before birds can be imported to the US from THAT country. So Greenfire Farms imported the Ayam Ketawa, an Indonesian breed from an approved European country. I’m not even sure if there was just one intermediate country instead of a few. It’s not like the European countries are willing to import from just anywhere…which is why we are able to import from those countries.

Back
Top Bottom