Pyxis

Hatchi Wan Kenobi
Project Manager
12 Years
Mar 27, 2012
Vermont
My Coop
My Coop
I thought I would create a chat thread for those of us with parrots! Here we can talk about our fids, post updates and pictures, share resources, and just chat in general. So, who has a parrot? Other caged birds are also welcome!

I personally have a cockatiel named Cricket. He just joined my flock yesterday. He's been a bit neglected, and is on an all-seed diet, so I have some work to do. Currently Cricket is my only parrot, though in the past I have also had budgies, a sun conure, a quaker, and two other cockatiels.

Here's Cricket yesterday:

cricket.jpg

I had a cockatoo, sadly Houdini passed away last year - he was a biter, but we formed a sweet bond anyhow - just from a distance -i miss him but I made his own garden and talk to him there. Anywho..i have 2 parakeets, Charlie and Lily, and a cockatiel, Happy, who looks just like your Cricket :) I used to also have and bred red factor canaries and zebra finches. Love the canary songs and beepers, as I called them.

I had a cockatoo, sadly Houdini passed away last year - he was a biter, but we formed a sweet bond anyhow - just from a distance -i miss him but I made his own garden and talk to him there. Anywho..i have 2 parakeets, Charlie and Lily, and a cockatiel, Happy, who looks just like your Cricket :) I used to also have and bred red factor canaries and zebra finches. Love the canary songs and beepers, as I called them.

Sorry to hear about Houdini :(

I love the beep sounds that zebra finches make! I've always thought about getting a pair of them. I miss my budgies, too. I always loved listening to the males sing.

I have around 30 cockatiels (stopped counting at 20 lol) some are breeding birds and offspring, others are rescues. This is a few with a diamond dove who thinks hes one of them
FB_IMG_1568281482882.jpg

I used to own and breed budgies and indian ringnecks but sold them off to a friend when i moved.
This is my most recent parrot addition, Ruby the female eclectus. Excuse the funkie chest feathers, she was sleeping against branch
received_397465977546804.jpeg

Pretty birds everyone! :love

I have 3 budgies - Button, Bobbin, and Thimble. Button is the only female. I’ve had them for almost 2 years (since they were about 6 weeks old). I enjoy watching their antics, and listening to their little noises.

These are my first house birds (other than chicks and ducklings and sick ones lol).
IMG_8240.JPG

I have around 30 cockatiels (stopped counting at 20 lol) some are breeding birds and offspring, others are rescues. This is a few with a diamond dove who thinks hes one of them
View attachment 1905610

I used to own and breed budgies and indian ringnecks but sold them off to a friend when i moved.
This is my most recent parrot addition, Ruby the female eclectus. Excuse the funkie chest feathers, she was sleeping against branch
View attachment 1905609
Your electus is very pretty.

Back
Top Bottom