Parrot Chat

I have a baby Quaker parrot with one wing who I found on the ground beneath a wild nesting colony in the city about 3 weeks ago, and a mess of budgies... Currently 11.

0911191154a.jpg
0909191851c.jpg
0902191626a.jpg
0906191252.jpg

I have around 30 cockatiels (stopped counting at 20 lol) some are breeding birds and offspring, others are rescues. This is a few with a diamond dove who thinks hes one of them
View attachment 1905610

You have quite the menagerie! Since you breed cockatiels, do you mind if I ask you a question? I have read that if a cockatiel has white spots on the back of its head, that means it's split for pied. Is that true?

I used to own and breed budgies and indian ringnecks but sold them off to a friend when i moved.
This is my most recent parrot addition, Ruby the female eclectus. Excuse the funkie chest feathers, she was sleeping against branch
View attachment 1905609

Ruby is gorgeous :love

Pretty birds everyone!

I have 3 budgies - Button, Bobbin, and Thimble. Button is the only female. I’ve had them for almost 2 years (since they were about 6 weeks old). I enjoy watching their antics, and listening to their little noises.

These are my first house birds (other than chicks and ducklings and sick ones lol).
View attachment 1905618

They're so cute! I really miss having budgies. After Cricket moves to Cockatiel Palace, maybe I'll get a pair and use his old cage for them.

I have 9 parrots, an african grey, budgie, 2 cockatiels, cockatoo, 2 parrotlet, 1 love bird, and an amazon. I have no pictures since I am on a laptop but I can try on my phone later.

We definitely need pictures!

I have a baby Quaker parrot with one wing who I found on the ground beneath a wild nesting colony in the city about 3 weeks ago, and a mess of budgies... Currently 11.

View attachment 1905904 View attachment 1905905 View attachment 1905906 View attachment 1905907

I always love seeing pictures of Nemo :love It's too bad the little guy got basically pinioned, but he'll have a much more comfortable and luxurious life with you than he ever would have in the wild.

We have in the past owned quite a range of parrots and other caged birds and still have quite a few now.

Some of them we've had/still have are Jenday Conures, Kakarikis, Ringnecks, African Grey, Finches, Lovebirds, Bourkes, Rosellas, Finches and Canaries, Parrotlets, Lilac Breasted Rollers, Red Crested Turacos and Guinea Turacos!

Hopefully I'll get around to posting photos later on :)

Cricket is making progress. Last night I saw him sample his pellets. He's still picking the seeds out and prefers them (and he always will; who doesn't go for the 'junk food' before the 'veggies' if given a chance, haha) but this means he's willing to eat pellets, so I'll begin slowly upping the pellet to seed ratio until there are no more seeds.

He also wants me to come to his cage and talk to him. He likes to stand right at the front near me to listen. Opening the door will send him running to the back, though.

Today I started letting him eat bites of millet through the bars while I'm standing there talking to him. Once he's comfortable with that, we will start trying it with the door open. But I'm in no rush.

Beautiful birds! And beautiful pictures, what kind of camera do you have? I dabble a little bit in photography and would love some tips on how you got all these gorgeous shots.

Thankyou very much!

I have a Canon 450d and I primarily use my 75-300mm lens. Although I do have the shorter lens and the macro/fish eye lens too but I rarely use them for photographing birds :D

Back
Top Bottom