Parrot Chat

0913191307c.jpg
0913191305e.jpg

He liked the blue toy but attacked and bit the green one!

Cricket woke me up from a nap today by repeating a new whistle. He has been whistling some four-beat tune I didn't recognize, so I started whistling to him with the wolf whistle when he was doing his flock call to me. He started whistling while I was napping so I just kinda blearily whistled back to him and then was going to fall back asleep but he whipped out the wolf whistle. Guess he knew if he did that, I'd actually wake up so I could praise him and do it back, haha.

He doesn't talk at all, but it looks like whistling comes easy to him. We'll see what else I can teach him to whistle. Shika, my previous cockatiel, was both an accomplished whistler and talker.

He also keeps making some sort of high-pitched noise that sounds kind of like an Audubon bird call, which I only know because Shika also learned to mimic one of those. I kind of wonder if that's actually what it is.

Cricket woke me up from a nap today by repeating a new whistle. He has been whistling some four-beat tune I didn't recognize, so I started whistling to him with the wolf whistle when he was doing his flock call to me. He started whistling while I was napping so I just kinda blearily whistled back to him and then was going to fall back asleep but he whipped out the wolf whistle. Guess he knew if he did that, I'd actually wake up so I could praise him and do it back, haha.

He doesn't talk at all, but it looks like whistling comes easy to him. We'll see what else I can teach him to whistle. Shika, my previous cockatiel, was both an accomplished whistler and talker.

He also keeps making some sort of high-pitched noise that sounds kind of like an Audubon bird call, which I only know because Shika also learned to mimic one of those. I kind of wonder if that's actually what it is.
Your making me miss having my cockatiels :hit

Find one that needs a home :)
If I ever do have another parrot of any kind I will definitely look for one that needs a forever home.
I almost got a sun conure a couple years ago whos owner passed away and the family didn't want it.
That's the saddest thing about parrots. . they sometimes outlive their owners :(

Back
Top Bottom