Part of duck torn apart. Help!!! Still alive warning, graphic images

Apr 28, 2020
Montgomery County Pennsylvania
So I have a duck just got attacked. I found all the ducks outside their cage this morning. I found this buck limping around. He seems to be in a lot of pain, but he is still alive and alert. In the pictures that I will show show what happened but I can’t get complete pictures because it hurts him too much to move the stuff around to get a good photo so I will describe what is in the photo and what you can’t see. I don’t know if it’s worth just putting him down I cannot afford to take a vet the vet around me charges $200 for an emergency appointment and I don’t have that kind of money.

The first photo looks like organs coming out out of is from a tiny little pinhole in the muscle wound and is bleeding

The second photo is of the muscle that is exposed and slightly torn. He is limping severely on the side.

Attachments

• 120B2D47-BAA5-4604-ABD3-B27A913F9B6A.jpeg
    120B2D47-BAA5-4604-ABD3-B27A913F9B6A.jpeg
    421.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 11E1CC1F-9FC2-42D6-A135-55D9D25BC96C.jpeg
    11E1CC1F-9FC2-42D6-A135-55D9D25BC96C.jpeg
    493.9 KB · Views: 18
I am not sure what that is. But clean the wounds real good and apply something like Veterycin that can be sprayed so you don't have to be moving anything around. i would try and clip the feathers back from the wounds though. Where are all his wounds? def bring him inside in a quiet part of your home with water with electrolytes in it and food. he may not eat or drink if in shock but keep him warm but not overly. soft bedding like towels instead of something that might stick to the wounds.
@Peter_Rabbit_Farm

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom