Partial Impaction, what else can I try?

chloeveale

Hatching
Aug 23, 2020
Hello all.
I have a year old bluebelle with a partial impaction. She has an old (healed) injury that did go near her crop so I’m wondering if scar tissue has affected her.
I think it is a foreign object that is blocking it as there’s only small, hard bits in her crop. They haven’t been on grass due to avian flu in the U.K.
It’s been about 2 weeks. I have tried oil but then switched to coconut oil so she just eats it. Vomiting which was just brown liquid. Ducosate sodium (I have given her another this morning). Massage. Starvation etc. I’m happy to keep at the routine we have - apple cider vinegar to clear the yeast infection and then coconut oil and small amounts of pellet mash and massaging. She is eating and pooping. My vets won’t take her in due to the avian flu, I’m going to find a different one on Monday but feel they’ll be the same.
Yesterday her crop felt empty just full of fluid but today it has small bits in it again, wondering if she has stuck her head through the bars!
I can’t do surgery as my mum can’t be near chickens for health reasons and I have no one to hold her unless I asked in my local community.
I have seen someone talk about a flush? This could possibly help but I’m unsure how to do it.
Thanks.

Hi!
I saw a post on crop bras and made her one, she is on the mend! Turns out her crop has stretched. Back in with the flock today. Still giving her apple cider vinegar, hopefully it will clear up the yeast infection!

Hi!
I saw a post on crop bras and made her one, she is on the mend! Turns out her crop has stretched. Back in with the flock today. Still giving her apple cider vinegar, hopefully it will clear up the yeast infection!
How is your chicken doing?

Back
Top Bottom