Partially impacted crop

HeatherKellyB

"One day or Day one"
Premium Feather Member
May 31, 2019
Moore County, NC
Thank you! I believe I'm going to continue to bring her in the shop a couple of times a day to make sure she's eating well and I will be able to check her poop. With her molting, I know she's at risk for many ailments. She kinda acted like she didn't really want to stay with her flock and she does have a tired look to her. Not necessarily in her face but she's just a little more slow moving compared to her flockmates that have finished molting or haven't started. Of course I may be interpreting her actions incorrectly since she's spent some times each day away from them. I agree, you're absolutely right about them being better off with their flock. Thankfully I'm not working today so I can check on her often. Thanks again for everything!

HeatherKellyB

"One day or Day one"
Premium Feather Member
May 31, 2019
Moore County, NC
Yesterday I noticed Luna Petunia in the food bowl eating and her crop felt good last night. This morning she was getting close to me and even came over to me whenever I called her. Unfortunately her crop didn't fully empty overnight. Since I won't be here to check on her throughout the day and she's acting like she doesn't feel well, I think I'll just set her up inside my shop again. She acted happy to get in there. I've got my Spitz hen, Elvira, in there too because she is having a tough molt and is the lowest on the pecking order. I'll put their cages beside each other to keep them both occupied but unable to peck. Luna Petunia does still have diarrhea but it didn't seem as bad. Elvira has normal poops but she is a pin cushion and isn't eating as much as I'd like. So, that's the plan for today. Hopefully all will go well while I'm visiting family today and I'll be able to get away to get back home before dark. Happy Thanksgiving! I am so thankful for the kindness and help in this community, especially those of you who've helped me help my birds. Thank you so much for everything

Top Bottom