Partially impacted crop

I would try what @Banana01 suggested with the water. Then massage the lump until it breaks up. I had a hen with such a problem. I massaged her whenever I visited the coop or run. This kept food moving through her system.

I am concerned with the weight loss. That sometimes indicates cancer. Tumors can act as obstructions, too. Just something that might explain this.

Have you tried special feedings with boiled rice and keifer or raw egg? This might appeal to Luna Petunia more than gleaning poop.

The weight loss is probably my biggest concern at this point because some food is going through her digestive tract. She is severely emaciated and it happened quickly. I thought it was from the diarrhea but that certainly makes sense.

So incredibly strange. I'm out here with frozen coconut oil chips and she scarfed them down quickly. Then she noticed the Flock Raiser pellets and tried to jump off the stool. I got a handful and held it up to her and she gobbled them up like a crazy bird. I also wormed her

Last edited:
Maybe the new Nutrena food doesn't agree with her? Is that even a chance? I don't see how that would cause her crop issue though. She hasn't gobbled anything up like that in a while now. I'm so confused. Since the rice is almost done, I'll leave that and raw egg for her. Should I give Corid water? She doesn't have the typical signs of coccidiosis but it's one possible issue I've come across in my searches.

Last edited:
With the massage I found her crop wasn't solid. It wasn't doughy either. Honestly it felt like a normal crop. From the beginning I've been able to feel bits of stuff in her crop. Since I started leaving her water down, her crop doesn't get as firm. I'm worried about leaving the Flock Raiser Pellets down now after seeing the way she was eating it. Another reason I've got her separate from her flock is because they usually have to stay locked up for an hour past sunrise. Since I'm having to stay at my Dad's to take care of everything there and the time change I hate for them to go without food and water for so long. I've been leaving heavily watered mash for them if they need something before I get back here.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom