Partridge cochins added to my family

Hey all
frow.gif

Thank you everybody I am glad that I got them and that Jamie sold me some
wee.gif

Mike
big_smile.png

Well Mike, I'm no expert on partridge, but just from what I read on "the internet" which we all know is infallable, there are usually two types of partridge, one is the "hen line" and one is the "rooster line" meaning it is a pattern that is about impossible to get both sexes looking right, so people either breed for good looking (pattern) hens or good looking roos. It looks to me like your hen's pattern is not well defined. Being as these came from Jamie Matts, I doubt he would ever fool around with anything that wasn't absolutely top drawer, I must assume, since I can't see him, that the rooster is spectacular. I wouldn't know a spectacular roo if he flogged my ankle right now, because the pics I have seen they just look sort of brownish to me. As far as the columbian, to my eye, which does not know heads from tails, she could use some more of it. Hope that helps, and free advice is worth about what you paid for it. Ask someone else on the genetics forum for maybe good examples or something....
idunno.gif

Hey Patty
frow.gif

Thanx for your comments I imagine I probably got some of his get gone birds I wouldnt get rid of any of my best ones either He did say he has a roo line Which I was kinda glad of But was looking more at type than anything when I contacted him and was tickled to death when he said he had a roo and maybe a extra hen So I got both Dont know much about the color on the hens but hers did look a little off Which is fine cause I just need type Again thanx for your comments They helped Whatever happened to your neighbor?

Mike
big_smile.png

I have been thinking about this some since my last post, and it is probably better if it is a roo line, being less patterning to show up later to mess up your mille fleurs! Which makes sense, because Jamie is smarter than all of us and already had the right kind... D'oh!

Back
Top Bottom