Partridge Penedesenca. Anyone have this breed? Would you recommend them?

I might be interested in the Marans. Do they have feathered legs? Do you have pics?
Yes mine do have feathered legs they are called "French standard"

One of my curious hens

This will be my new breeder roo, he's not quite mature enough for the job just yet.

This is my current breeding rooster.

Here's what the chicks look like.

Very nice birds. I think your juvenile rooster will be really handsome. I think I'll have to hold off for now though. I just bought some Norwiegan Jaerhons last night, so I'll need to make some room for another new breed. I'd be happy to trade for an existing breed I have, or sell. Jaerhon, cream legbar, rhodebar, mandarin duck, or isbar

Yeah I know your situation. I have no room currently to add another breed. Well maybe some Penes lol. I have one coop I'm using for my juvenile birds presently that could be converted to a breeder coop. Just needs to have some nest boxes added to the coop. Let me know if you change your mind. I'm not in any hurry.

Would love some, but I've refocused my direction with my Welsummers and Marans. In the process of building two new coops and breeder pens. What do you have in mind?

Would love some, but I've refocused my direction with my Welsummers and Marans. In the process of building two new coops and breeder pens. What do you have in mind?
Oh I know people within them. I just have crele , black penedesenca and white empordanesa.
@ronott1 has some though.

I do want some black tail buff Marans for a project though.

bwalden.....great choice I have all three breeds and there is no way I want another Penedesenca! They are so high stung and won't get anywhere near me. Eggs are pretty and they lay well but no thanks. My Welsummers and marans are so sweet and calm and completely enjoyable if I had anymore room I would get more welsummers for sure.

I would like to try the breed at some point, but I've just decided to focus more on the two breeds I have and expand a little.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom