Partridge Penedesenca. Anyone have this breed? Would you recommend them?

bwalden

Songster
9 Years
Jan 16, 2012
Arkansas
I have been doing a little research into this breed but I have not found many that have these. Anyone have this breed? Would you recommend the breed? What sort of egg production do you get? How does this breeds eggs darkness compare to others like Marans, Welsummers ?

Can anyone recommend a good breeder for hatching eggs?

from what i could find they lay dark, like black, color eggs that lighten over time. they have a single comb front and a crown like comb in the back. i hear MyPetchickens.com sells some, but they are pricey (i looked at them before, they are a drool type breed
droolin.gif
) they area laying breed, but from that i dont know, i will be watching this thread to see if any more info comes up!
pop.gif

Thanks for the info. I have been looking for a breeder to buy some eggs from for a spring hatch. No luck yet. I have also seem them on a couple hatchery websites and they are indeed pricey!

Still looking for this breed. Anyone else know of a breeder? Or maybe you have owened some in the past? Looking for more info....

Thanks

Thanks for the links. I'll be checking them out
I have 2 pullets and am getting a cockerel and 2 more pullets next week. I bought a trio of pullets from My Pet Chicken (come from Gabbard Farms in Arkansas i am told). I lost two of these to the neighbor's dog when they were about 2 weeks old. I got 12 eggs from My Pet Chicken but only one of them hatched. Others too have complained about hatch rates on shipped eggs. I took my eggs to a local hatchery to be hatched. They regularly order bunches of chicks so they kept an eye out for me. Meyer is shipping in the 3 afore mentioned birds as a "over hatch". This definitely saves me from shipping charges and the need to make a huge order. You can also check on Facebook for breeders. Ebay also has listings for eggs for sale.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=penedesenca&_sacat=0&_from=R40

10 wheatens for $20 and $16 shipping. Don't know the hatch rate.

Back
Top Bottom