Partridge Question?

Could be some fighting among the males at breeding time, they will also cross breed I wouldn't put them in the same pen

I have had 2 pair of Chukars in the same (4'x10') pen since they hatched. They got along fine until last week when one of the males started to attack two of the other birds who immediately went into hiding under some branches I had placed in the pen. I removed the two hiding birds and put them in another pen. Two days later the two in the original pen began nesting and as of today they have 4 eggs in their nest. I don't believe Red Legs and Grays would be any different. Better to remove them now than waite until its too late. And too like Kevin said they will more than likely cross breed. cross breed.

I agree keeping the partridge separate by pairs. Can they be in with pheasants (y or r goldens) without problems?

You can try them, I've seen philbys get pretty rough with a golden male, they were in a 10 x 16 had to take them out

this question is off topic, but this is the only quail forum I came across..

do any of you have a quail egg tray from Cutler's Supply ?
We are trying to find the height dimension of one,, or better yet, of two of them stacked one on top of the other ..

thanks in advance,,

.......jiminwisc........

thank you TonyinNH,

I will pass this bit of information on to Birdman55..

Only the way you describe it, I come up with 2 3/4 " stacked,,

I have some T50 egg trays that I stack for chicken eggs..
I had to cut the towers off of the top trays to gain the clearance I needed..

with this set up I can incubate about 500 chicken eggs or guinea eggs in each of two of my GQF Sportsman's ,,,

how do you like all the snow you are getting ??
Here in Wausau, Wisc we are coasting along on the accumulation that we got around Christmas time,, right now it is only about 6 inches in the open fields..
Tuesday we are supposed to get about 4 inches, hardly worth plowing ..

One of my brothers lives in Rhode Island.. he got dumped on a bit ..

..........jiminwisc..........

got the partridges will see how they go together if they fight they can be separated

Back
Top Bottom