PARTRIDGE ROCK - - Breeders - - show us what you got . .

Quote:
This is the kind of information I am looking for. Can you post the link right here on this thread. That way if anyone else whats to get more information they will know where they can go. GREAT JOB responding !
thumbsup.gif

don't raise partridge...but i due raise silver penciled ( same thing as partridge but a different colour in between the black). Looks like typical hatchery birds. Although i would diffently look for a rooster ( if you are going to breed these) with good colour, and if you could find hens with better penciling that would be better.

Quote:
This is why I am hoping to see someone else's pictures. . . . It would be easier to know what good colour and better penciling looks like.

Quote:
This is why I am hoping to see someone else's pictures. . . . It would be easier to know what good colour and better penciling looks like.

ok, i am picking up some more SP rocks, i can try and get you some pics of them if you like? also see this page, he got his PR from the same man i am getting my SP rocks. The page only has two pics, but they may help you http://www.circlepondfarm.com/partridge_rocks.htm

Quote:
I went to the page and love that it said that they made great sitters. I NEED a BROODY soooo bad ! Do you think the hatchery ones will still do the broody thing ? ?

I would love pictures, if you wouldn't mind getting them and posting them.

Thank you so much
smile.png

Here are a few pics of my partridge. The parents came from Dick Horstman last year. I am also getting some from Joel Gilman to try and have 2 bloodline. I also have Blosls whites and I am going to try and get the partridge to the level of the whites.
Anthony
28874_dsc00779.jpg

28874_dsc00722.jpg

28874_dsc00731.jpg

28874_dsc00746.jpg

Quote:
I have heard good about both of these breeders. I believe Joel is in Va. Do you have contact information on him ? ?

So, the roo is SOLID black . . . so does that mean the chicks can be colored sexed at birth or shortly thereafter ? ?

No Roosters are not solid black. They are more a tri color but dark. I will post a picture of my old rooster for it shows correct color. This color of plymouth rock is VERY broody. I had one broody all summer long and at one time I had 4 which is all my nest boxes.

This is some pictures of my old rooster Captain. He has passed on now.

2275_19_weeks_001.jpg

Color is supposed to be dark red on neck and base of tail. Chest black with green sheen tail same as well as back. Wings are to be red also with black. I will get you full discription later.

This is a picture of him with some of the flock. Hens are to be dark brown with black penciling necks to be reddish brown. Many of mine are like that now after first moult. Feet are to be yellow and only yellow although some dusking is allowed on hens but it should be bred out.

2275_19_weeks_004.jpg

I have a real good shot of my new males in the sun that shows his color. I will see if weather lets me uploaded here to BYC. Otherwise it is last post on chickens blog.

Back
Top Bottom