Partridge Rock that I'm showing this weekend, Is she worth taking?

You're maiking too much of eye colour as a showroom consideration. The difference between red & reddish bay is subtle & sometimes in the eye of the beholder. This is one of the things that makes judging as much art as science if yoy'll permit a less than perfect anology. As long as the eye colour is in the right range it's at most a 1/2 to 1 point cut. For eye colour to be a disqualification it would need to be totally wrong eg: a Partridge Rock wit a pearl eye.
As to the bird in the OP, her eye colour is the least of her problems.

Hi. I am very interested in the partridge rocks, we sadly do not have them here though. I am just interested to know, if any one knows, their genetics of their colour? mainly what gives them their rich/brown/red (for want of better description!)
Thanks!

I have to read the SOP in it's entirity, but it is cumbersome on the computer in PDF!

Where can I get the SOP?​

Quote:
I agree with this post! Shows of any kind are fun and usually a good experience. I showed a mutt horse in halter a few times, just for the fun of it. Go, have fun, look at the competetion and if anything it will expose your bird to new experiences
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom