Partridge Rock Thread

Pics

PartridgeRckgal

Songster
8 Years
Feb 22, 2011
Here are some photos of my Partridge Rocks. I would love to see your photos.... please share
smile.png

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc485/Inspirations-J/20110224_0785.jpg
http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc485/Inspirations-J/20110224_0779.jpg
http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc485/Inspirations-J/20110224_0775.jpg

My husband and I are SO excited to have one of these beauties join our family! We've got four chicks on the way to start our urban flock: Welsummer, Speckled Sussex, Easter Egger and PR. I think the Rock will be the only chick I can identify when we open the box.

Fingers crossed that they all make the trip, and I can post some fluffy pics next week!
smilies-3434.png

You will have some pretty eggs too!

The legs are the wrong color. They are supposed to be yellow. Sometimes they will be white. I can't get the comb for the one on the left, but it could be a Golden laced Wyandotte. The one on the right kind of looks like an EE.

What breed choices do you have?
I've got some 5 year old partridge rocks from Ideal, not a yellow leg in the bunch. They look just like dutchbunnies chicks, they have been some of my best broody hens, even though they came from hatchery stock.

Are these partridge rocks???
I got a mix box from a hatchery with 25 chicks, no way to know what they are.
I have these two and by deduction all I could possibly think of was a partridge rock?
Everything similar with the chipmunk pattern as a chick was ruled out.
Also, you thinking this is a true pair?
They're like 3 weeks old.

THANKS!

Hello everyone my name is Michelle and I live in Maine with my 6 kids and husband on our little homestead. My family became interested in raising chickens about 4 years ago when we moved to the country and we wanted a source of healthy organic eggs for our family. My kids quickly became very attached to our chickens and they became our pets as well. We went to a local poultry show a couple of years ago and my oldest son bought a pair of partridge rock bantams and has been in love with partridge rocks ever since. My kids are looking to do some poultry projects this spring for 4-H and we have been looking to get our soon to be 13 year old some quality standard size partridge rocks and have been having no luck. I have contacted anyone and everyone who I know of that is breeding partridge rocks and isnt a hatchery or doesnt have hatchery stock and I never seem to get a response. I gave up for awhile but am on the hunt again because my sons birthday is coming up Feb. 8th and he is asking for partridge rocks again. Does ANYONE happen to have any partridge rock hatching eggs or chicks or know anyone that might? We are hoping to get stock that is good quality and not hatchery stock. If anyone can help us or point us in the direction of someone that can we would be so grateful and my son would be thrilled! Thank you in advance for your help! : )
I will have some in a few weeks or months. I need to separate them and wait till they are pure. It will be a couple of weeks before I can even sort through them. I have 4 hens so eggs are no problem, or chicks. I do use a BLUE partridge Cockerel (he also came from Dick Horstmans Line about 5 generations back) all my hens are from Dick Horstman too, I got them last spring.

If I can find a cockerel I will also have SPPR too.

Back
Top Bottom