Partridge Rock Thread

Pics
Everything at Ideal!

The legs are like Barred Rock legs they're yellow with some black markings on the shanks.
They also have single combs.

Wyandottes have pure yellow legs, flat comb, & different pattern.
Easter Eggers have slate legs, pea comb & usually have muffs these faces are clean.

Every other chipmunk looking chick breed I can possibly think of can be ruled out, so all I can think of would be Partridge Rocks...
Not true for EE. They are mutts and can be ANYTHING. Green legs are a KEY to figuring out EE vs Ams. Muffs and beards are also can be absent from EE since they are mutts and not breed to a standard. In fact pure Ams without beards and muffs become are then EE....

Forgot.... pea combs and straight combs for EE.

Last edited:
Are these partridge rocks???
I got a mix box from a hatchery with 25 chicks, no way to know what they are.
I have these two and by deduction all I could possibly think of was a partridge rock?
Everything similar with the chipmunk pattern as a chick was ruled out.
Also, you thinking this is a true pair?
They're like 3 weeks old.

THANKS!

Friends,

We believe we have some Partridge Rock chicks. Can you confirm. They were part of an Ideal surprise mix. We found we have some Salmon Faverolles and now we are working on identifying these. We have 5 that all look the same as this one.

Thanks

The Hardemans

Friends,

We believe we have some Partridge Rock chicks. Can you confirm. They were part of an Ideal surprise mix. We found we have some Salmon Faverolles and now we are working on identifying these. We have 5 that all look the same as this one.

Thanks

The Hardemans
They are very pretty!
and are feathering in as partridge.

They will change a bunch but the are likely Partridge Rocks.

Thanks

We are new to chicken keeping and have a mixed group. We have some 14 week olds. Black Australorps, Barred Rocks, and Buff Opringtons. Then we get this mixed bag of chicks. Lot to learn but we are really enjoying this.

The Hardemans

Friends,

Thanks

The Hardemans
They really could be lots of breeds..... Partridge rocks, BLRW Doubt that, Wellsumers, Rhodebars, Bielefelders...... those are just off the top of my head. If I don't mark them when they hatch I can tell them apart till they get older.

They really could be lots of breeds..... Partridge rocks, BLRW Doubt that, Wellsumers, Rhodebars, Bielefelders...... those are just off the top of my head. If I don't mark them when they hatch I can tell them apart till they get older.

She could be a PR; my girl's legs are darker, but that's somewhat variable. She's definitely not a Welsummer. Here are pics of my girls at around that age, for comparison:
Partridge Rock:

Welsummer:

Just thought I'd share a couple updates photos of what we hope are out gals still...lol
We are at 2 months with these gals

This is Sarah

This is Kayce

Just thought I'd share a couple updates photos of what we hope are out gals still...lol
We are at 2 months with these gals

This is Sarah

This is Kayce

They both scream pullet!

I found this picture on a BYC thread of a 4 week old Plymouth rock Cockerel.

61d5cc79_2275_pic_roo_008.jpeg

Lots of comb and wattles at that age.

Thanks so much,
We want to get them a PPR rooster, so we can have more of these sweet chickies.
They are the most friendly out of all of what we have now
Kayce even like to ride on my shoulder when we go in the coop (I carry baby spit up shoulder bibs)
Sarah like us but she likes the food bucket more...LOL.

Back
Top Bottom